+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin and what to expect in 2018

Bitcoin and what to expect in 2018

There will be many scandals this year.

There are so few Bitcoin available and with every man and his dog now claiming or believing they have invested in Bitcoin many will be shocked to discover they have been defrauded.

If you invest in Bitcoin keep them under your control. Have the private keys in your own wallet. Store the private key code words on paper where they cannot be found by a burglar and tell someone you love and trust where the private keys are.

Do not rely on third party exchanges.

Good luck.

At a minimum I believe the value of a bitcoin will double in 2018 to about £20,000.
    This is not that exciting I realise but a gain nonetheless.

This is not investment advice but it is Good advice.

Re: Bitcoin and what to expect in 2018

Maybe you can explain (or not) something. I keep seeing Bitcoin being pushed as the next great money making scheme and some with Bitcoins seem quite pushy in encouraging others to get Bitcoin. This makes me think the whole thing is rather suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Maybe you can explain (or not) something. I keep seeing Bitcoin being pushed as the next great money making scheme and some with Bitcoins seem quite pushy in encouraging others to get Bitcoin. This makes me think the whole thing is rather suspicious.
    A bitcoin is divided into 100,000,000 (100 million) Satoshis.
    It is the Satoshis that will eventually become the currency that is used.

At present it is a store of value ... somewhat volatile.

Unlike Ripple which is as rare as sand grains....Bitcoin and Litecoin are hard to obtain and rare.

The adoption of cryptocurrency is as certain as the adoption of the internet.

If you just have £500 worth of Bitcoin or £2,000 worth of Litecoin UNDER YOUR TOTAL control you will end up happy.

AJMHO

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    A bitcoin is divided into 100,000,000 (100 million) Satoshis.
    It is the Satoshis that will eventually become the currency that is used.

At present it is a store of value ... somewhat volatile.

Unlike Ripple which is as rare as sand grains....Bitcoin and Litecoin are hard to obtain and rare.

The adoption of cryptocurrency is as certain as the adoption of the internet.

If you just have £500 worth of Bitcoin or £2,000 worth of Litecoin UNDER YOUR TOTAL control you will end up happy.

AJMHO

Good luck.
    Where can you buy £500 worth

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I can sell you 500 quid worth of Bitcoin.

Send your bank details to me via PM.

If you can send me the bank details of 10 friends who also wish to invest I will sell you 500 quids worth for 250 pound.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    https://localbitcoins.com/buy-bitcoi...nited-kingdom/

Generally horrific user reviews of Coinbase, the biggest and most well known Bitcoin purchasing site, here: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/coinbase.com

Isn’t bitcoin plummeting like our promotion chances ??

No. Currently almost $15,000 and above £11,000. https://www.worldcoinindex.com/

11,000 more then what I’ve got so I guess i’ll Have to stick to flogging utiiities 😃

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Isn’t bitcoin plummeting like our promotion chances ??
    It was, unlike us it has stabilised since

It is.

Almost everyone who has invested knows that in its current form it simply isn't a viable currency in its current form. There are loads of crypto's in a better position but without the same 'following' which suggests exactly what you suggest above, it is all built on sand.

Anyone remember Esperanto? Was going to be a universal language for the whole planet to communicate with. Or Sigue sigue sputnik. Going to be the best new thing in music?
    See above for Bitcoin 😎

https://www.shortlist.com/entertainm...dummies/340205

I liked this article. Guy who wrote it is from Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    https://www.shortlist.com/entertainm...dummies/340205

I liked this article. Guy who wrote it is from Cardiff.
    Initial Coin Offers (ICO) are the quickest ways to make money. These are basically new start up cryptocurrencies. Instead of being issued with a cryptocurrency you are given a token via crowd funding, the tokens are then exchanged at a later date for the coins.
    I recently attempted to buy some the other day, however, the 3 million dollar issue sold out in 47 seconds and my Internet connection simply wasn't fast enough here in China.

Bitcoin, along with 1,400 other crypto currencies, has taken a kicking over the past 24 hours. It's currently down 23% on the day at $10,500 (£7,700).

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Bitcoin, along with 1,400 other crypto currencies, has taken a kicking over the past 24 hours. It's currently down 23% on the day at $10,500 (£7,700).
    This isn't the crash yet, this is one of the two big players profit taking. He will be buying cheap tomorrow and watching the price go back up. Which is why this is a daft investment.

No. Currently almost $15,000 and above £11,000. https://www.worldcoinindex.com/
    28 days after writing the above, Bitcoin priced in US dollars is currently at $8,925 and 6,190 pounds (gulp).

28 days after writing the above, Bitcoin priced in US dollars is currently at $8,925 and 6,190 pounds (gulp).
    Sell bitcoin buy Capita

A day is a long time in the world of Bitcoin. It's now at $8,300 and £5,650, a 10% drop in both currencies since yesterday.

I was always under the impression that it's a bit of a ponzi scheme.