+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 5th February 2008

5th February 2008

10 years ago tomorrow. Chasetown 1-3 Cardiff City, the start of a fantastic run to the final of the best cup competition in the world, and two visits to Wembley that helped boost our fan base for years to come.
    We’ve only managed to get past the 4th round twice since. I know the league is the priority (when isn’t it) but I’d love a decent cup run again.

Re: 5th February 2008

January

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    January
    Don’t expect the mighty Stags to be influenced by that. Not a hope in hell.

Chasetown (h) 3–1
    Hereford Utd (a) 1–2
    Wolveserlona (h) 2–0
    Boro (a) 0–2
    S.F. Barnsley 1–0

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    10 years ago tomorrow. Chasetown 1-3 Cardiff City, the start of a fantastic run to the final of the best cup competition in the world, and two visits to Wembley that helped boost our fan base for years to come.
    We’ve only managed to get past the 4th round twice since. I know the league is the priority (when isn’t it) but I’d love a decent cup run again.
    Me too. That season was brilliant and this board was epic. .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Chasetown (h) 3–1
    Hereford Utd (a) 1–2
    Wolveserlona (h) 2–0
    Boro (a) 0–2
    S.F. Barnsley 1–0
    Point of order. We played Chasetown on their ground.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Point of order. We played Chasetown on their ground.
    I thought it was a bit of a dip from Ivor Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Me too. That season was brilliant and this board was epic. .
    It was indeed.
    Funny enough I was watching the highlights from the final on BT Sport yesterday. First time I've seen any highlights from that day. Its funny how you forget things and I can't remember Kanu doing that stupid dance after he scored.
    Looking back on it after almost 10 years my memory of the final is very vivid, although I remember the semi final like it was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    It was indeed.
    Funny enough I was watching the highlights from the final on BT Sport yesterday. First time I've seen any highlights from that day. Its funny how you forget things and I can't remember Kanu doing that stupid dance after he scored.
    Looking back on it after almost 10 years my memory of the final is very vivid, although I remember the semi final like it was yesterday.
    Watched that as well.
    I remember other fans criticising our final for not being entertaining enough.
    Having watched a few of BT’s FA Cup Final replays, most of them (2006 West Ham/Liverpool apart) are fairly tedious and nervous affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    It was indeed.

Can't be many teams beaten in a cup final by a goal scored by a fifty-five y-o.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Don’t expect the mighty Stags to be influenced by that. Not a hope in hell.
    Hello Cedric.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Watched that as well.
    I remember other fans criticising our final for not being entertaining enough.
    Having watched a few of BT’s FA Cup Final replays, most of them (2006 West Ham/Liverpool apart) are fairly tedious and nervous affairs.
    It was "not entertaining enough" because it was Cardiff vs Portsmouth.
    A more tedious game between Man Ure and Liverpool would be described as a "classic".

Pure snobbery IMHO