+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Superbowl ticket offer....

First Superbowl ticket offer....

I went to see one of the Ryder Cup practice days here in Minneapolis last October and paid just $60 to Primesport - a reputable exchange website like StubHub - for a great day out. Obviously still on their list of previous customers as this morning I received an offer for a seat in the US Bank Stadium - Vikings new home and venue for Superbowl 52:

Just for interest, here's their spread of hospitality offers starting at $4112 for a seat in one of the top tiers from which, believe me, the players look like Lego men. Top package for a 'ringside' seat on halfway available at $11,975

https://www.primesport.com/e/other/s...018-1000701229

For any CCMB member interested, I'd be happy to offer complimentary B&B and transport to and from the game

Re: First Superbowl ticket offer....

No offence, but spending time in Minneapolis is not high on my list of things to do in February.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No offence, but spending time in Minneapolis is not high on my list of things to do in February.
    It's not NYC, that's for sure but I thought it was the least I could do

Flew into Minneapolis in 94 with North West airlines , never seen so many cornfields. A two hour connection to Gatwick was more than enough time in the Athens of the Mid West 😜

How much will it be for the playoffs?

I'd rather go to any other country in the World than manufactured, false, obese, greedy America. All of their attempt at sport is cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The Vikes will be at home on Sunday 14th against the highest winning seed from the Wild Card round which is played this weekend.

Here's a link to Ticketmaster's ticket exchange website where prices appear to range from $150 (top tier) to $1000+ for best seats.

https://www.ticketexchangebyticketma...ickets/2246478

Should they progress to what will be the semi-final (also at home) then a new market will be formed when the two teams are known. Our friend from NYC is referring to Minnesota weather - Minneapolis is the USA's coldest major city - and to illustrate the point, the weather today is lovely (total blue sky all week long) but it's a high of just 3 F which is minus 16 Celsius. Fortunately the Vikings' brand new US Bank Stadium (cost $1.2 billion) is indoors and spectacular.

Starting at about $350 for the Eagles game on the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Bluebird View Post
    I'd rather go to any other country in the World than manufactured, false, obese, greedy America. All of their attempt at sport is cringeworthy.
    Which sport in what city was it that ruined it for you.

They're a fair wack then. I've always wanted to go out to watch a game live

It's like the FA Cup used to be, everyone wants to be there. There's a week-long festival of events in Minneapolis prior to Superbowl weekend and the nation's media focus will be on the city and, of course, there's the half-time show which always gets the US going crazy.

For anyone who needs an explanation of what the play-offs is all about, here's just one of the youtubers who happens to be predicting the Vikings to take the Superbowl on home territory!

https://www.ticketexchangebyticketma...?v=hUFAwppZ_0o

Regular season games are about $100. The prices I quoted was from Stubhub. They go up to $1400 right now. That's for a round of games where there are only 8 teams left. The following week will just be 4 teams playing for the respective Championships of their conference. (AFC/NFC) So higher prices.

You can get a ticket to this weekend's Wildcard game in LA for $80. They haven't sold out a game all season and it's going to sunny and 21C degrees there on Sunday. Well worth going down to the stadium to see what you can pick up. I bet people will be getting in for less than $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    It's like the FA Cup used to be, everyone wants to be there. There's a week-long festival of events in Minneapolis prior to Superbowl weekend and the nation's media focus will be on the city and, of course, there's the half-time show which always gets the US going crazy.

For anyone who needs an explanation of what the play-offs is all about, here's just one of the youtubers who happens to be predicting the Vikings to take the Superbowl on home territory!

https://www.ticketexchangebyticketma...?v=hUFAwppZ_0o
    I think they should shuffle up the divisions as I don't see how a team with a worse winning record could potentially have home field advantage over someone with a better winning record

Regular season games are about $100. The prices I quoted was from Stubhub. They go up to $1400 right now. That's for a round of games where there are only 8 teams left. The following week will just be 4 teams playing for the respective Championships of their conference. (AFC/NFC) So higher prices.

You can get a ticket to this weekend's Wildcard game in LA for $80. They haven't sold out a game all season and it's going to sunny and 21C degrees there on Sunday. Well worth going down to the stadium to see what you can pick up. I bet people will be getting in for less than $50.
    Is that the chargers? How have the rams attendance been this season since the move back? Think it may be between them and Vikings for SB

Is that the chargers? How have the rams attendance been this season since the move back? Think it may be between them and Vikings for SB
    The Chargers play in a soccer stadium that holds 25,000. Their attendances have been even worse than the Rams. Earlier in the season they were out numbered in their own stadium by about 15,000 Eagles fans.

The Rams play at the LA Coliseum which holds over 90,000. It's usually only 2/3 full. Which still isn't bad, but means there are approximately 30,000 tickets going begging every hime game.

Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Bluebird View Post
    I’m guessing you must have visited to have formed that opinion. My experience is totally different. Which places should be avoided based on your travel experience?

Would be good to see the Vikings do it but I can’t see Keenum taking them all the way. If Wentz hadn’t got hurt then the Eagles would have been difficult to stop but I can’t see them doing it with a back up QB. So for me the NFC is between Saints and Rams and I’ve got a hunch the Saints will do it with their running backs this year (even though the Rams have Gurley).

They will of course meet the Patriots in the Super Bowl who have almost got a bye, although I’d love to see the Chiefs go on a run and upset them

My pick would be Vikings-Patriots in the Superbowl. With of course, the Patriots to win.

Can't see the Eagles winning a playoff game with Foles as QB. But I suppose it's down to which Nick Foles turns up. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Would be good to see the Vikings do it but I can’t see Keenum taking them all the way. If Wentz hadn’t got hurt then the Eagles would have been difficult to stop but I can’t see them doing it with a back up QB. So for me the NFC is between Saints and Rams and I’ve got a hunch the Saints will do it with their running backs this year (even though the Rams have Gurley).

They will of course meet the Patriots in the Super Bowl who have almost got a bye, although I’d love to see the Chiefs go on a run and upset them
    Chiefs started the season on fire then looked like the browns for half of the second half Alex Smith is just to inconsistent. I got a feeling the Steelers will make it this time

Steelers for me

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I went to see one of the Ryder Cup practice days here in Minneapolis last October and paid just $60 to Primesport - a reputable exchange website like StubHub - for a great day out. Obviously still on their list of previous customers as this morning I received an offer for a seat in the US Bank Stadium - Vikings new home and venue for Superbowl 52:

Just for interest, here's their spread of hospitality offers starting at $4112 for a seat in one of the top tiers from which, believe me, the players look like Lego men. Top package for a 'ringside' seat on halfway available at $11,975

https://www.primesport.com/e/other/s...018-1000701229

For any CCMB member interested, I'd be happy to offer complimentary B&B and transport to and from the game
    I forgot to ask whether people all over Minneapolis think they're going to AirBnB their houses for thousands of dollars over Super Bowl week?

When the Super Bowl was in NJ there were ads on Craigslist offering houses for $10,000 plus.

I forgot to ask whether people all over Minneapolis think they're going to AirBnB their houses for thousands of dollars over Super Bowl week?

When the Super Bowl was in NJ there were ads on Craigslist offering houses for $10,000 plus.
    I was in florida when the Phillies won the world series ( a quick google tells me it was 2008 ), it was also the US election ( which as you know means a fair % of the schools in the tri-state area are shut ( called in disney Jersey week, might be called it all over the US, i wouldnt know ) so Orlando ( and surrounding area's were packed, infact many were saying all the hotels were full, we heard people saying they had driven down to st pete's without a room booked, the plan for many with children was to stay in disney, people were stood outside the " reception / check in area's " selling rooms they had booked, $2000 a night ( which was alot for a $200 room )

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Titans upset the chiefs 21-3 down at half time as well

Titans upset the chiefs 21-3 down at half time as well
    Was all about the concussion to Travis Kelce who was Alex Smiths go to guy. KC looked lost without him. Mariota was good 2nd half to be fair