+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock plots biggest signing of his Cardiff City reign.........................

Re: Neil Warnock plots biggest signing of his Cardiff City reign.........................

Given NML loss of form / surprise package factor we needed someone more than just back up anyway.

Re: Neil Warnock plots biggest signing of his Cardiff City reign.........................

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I don’t dislike Feeney because he’s unprofessional, I dislike him cos he’s shit.
    This.

And if Harris was fit would Feeney be here?

No.

He was brought in precisely due to Harris being injured, nothing more. I've no problem with Warnock not spunking major cash on a backup for a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Alf Tupper.
    He was a runner, not a footballer.
    Perhaps you mean 'goal-grabber' Grady.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    And if Harris was fit would Feeney be here?

No.

He was brought in precisely due to Harris being injured, nothing more. I've no problem with Warnock not spunking major cash on a backup for a backup.
    Harris isn’t fit. We need better than Feeney if we have ambitions to get out of this division.

Harris isn’t fit. We need better than Feeney if we have ambitions to get out of this division.
    We do - Healey can also play out wide and I'd personally look at Patterson too.

Feeney's depth given Harris being injured again and there's nothing in the DVP.

Central midfield is a far, far higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Ask the leader on the other board. He was bragging that he new the 2 players we were signing last week.
    To be fair the leader says the club is tight lipped i can't see anything about him saying about 2 players
    http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...p?f=2&t=191679

Neither Healey or Patterson ate wingers stop talking through your arse. They might be able to fill in there in an injury crisis but certainly woulnt be the answer out wide for a promotion chasing side.

Just because centre midfield is our first priority doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be getting in better quality out wide than Feeney.

Healey and Patterson on the wings for a team going for promotion to the Premier League?

Pointless discussing it any further. Good night.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I like surprises - so I wont try and guess who it is - as I havent got the foggiest idea.
    "You’ve got to have 3 or 4 targets to come up with one. We’re still talking about my No.1 target. I’d love to sign the lad, I’ve been after him since the end of last season and I didn’t get any encouragement but he’d probably be our record signing since I’ve been here. I’m trying to get that over the line and then I’m looking at other players.

"Nobody has mentioned my main target, I’d love a top class midfield player if I’m honest. Someone who’d fit into the way we play and who’d make us better. We can’t just rely on poor old Joe (Ralls) to get us out of the cart. That’s a priority and then obviously a striker as we’ve lost Danny Ward. No names, it’s really touch wood, we’ve kept it all in house. Not even any rumours from you guys."

Healey and Patterson on the wing? I'm sure hoilett and NML must be quaking in their boots. We needed someone better than feeney even Warnock can't trust him with 3 games

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Healey and Patterson on the wing? I'm sure hoilett and NML must be quaking in their boots. We needed someone better than feeney even Warnock can't trust him with 3 games
    Patterson has a cracking goal scoring record for a right back; from what I've seen so far, he could do a job there.

As for Feeney, I'm sure Warnock would appreciate the critical analysis from some on message boards. After all, he's so inexperienced as a manager...

Patterson has a cracking goal scoring record for a right back; from what I've seen so far, he could do a job there.

As for Feeney, I'm sure Warnock would appreciate the critical analysis from some on message boards. After all, he's so inexperienced as a manager...
    Why don't we just try Patterson upfront then as we're struggling. Feeney just seems like the type of player he trusts to keep tabs on the squad

It is pretty straightforward - We get a lot poorer next year. We need players like Feeney and Halford who will sit patiently and wait for their chance, cover positions that don't suit them without complaining and don't cost a lot.

Why don't we just try Patterson upfront then as we're struggling. Feeney just seems like the type of player he trusts to keep tabs on the squad
    The squad snitch?

I'd like to see Harry Wilson come in on loan. He is the outstanding player in PL2, has scored bags of goals from the wing, and is motivated to prove a lot of people wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'd like to see Harry Wilson come in on loan. He is the outstanding player in PL2, has scored bags of goals from the wing, and is motivated to prove a lot of people wrong.
    I know he's had his injury problems but I can't believe no one has taken a chance on him

I know he's had his injury problems but I can't believe no one has taken a chance on him
    Think there was a news item a while ago LFC are looking for big loan fees - that paying higher fees means the loaning side are more likely to give regular game time.

Think there was a news item a while ago LFC are looking for big loan fees - that paying higher fees means the loaning side are more likely to give regular game time.
    Couldn't they just put in the contract he got to play certain amount of games

Couldn't they just put in the contract he got to play certain amount of games
    They'd not make as much money that way.

They'd not make as much money that way.
    I doubt Liverpool would make enough money from his loan for them to worry about it especially when they'll be receiving 150 big ones for coutinhio

I doubt Liverpool would make enough money from his loan for them to worry about it especially when they'll be receiving 150 big ones for coutinhio
    If they loaned out as many as Chelsea do... would be a moneyspinner.

If they loaned out as many as Chelsea do... would be a moneyspinner.
    But we're talking about 1 not 30/40 players

But we're talking about 1 not 30/40 players
    LFC's policy is to put bigger loan fees for all players, not one.

LFC's policy is to put bigger loan fees for all players, not one.
    Do you work in CCFC finance department? Or at the PFA maybe?

How do you know what Feeney earns? Or how much Liverpool charge to loan out players?

John
    Neither Healey or Patterson ate wingers stop talking through your arse. They might be able to fill in there in an injury crisis but certainly woulnt be the answer out wide for a promotion chasing side.

Just because centre midfield is our first priority doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be getting in better quality out wide than Feeney.

Healey and Patterson on the wings for a team going for promotion to the Premier League?

Pointless discussing it any further. Good night.
    Let’s face it, you are not really a fan of the club are you? All you ever do is criticise the manager, the players etc. You are as bad as that a Jack on here.