+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Spillers record shop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Spillers record shop

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I believe there is some laws that can protect the existance of historical buildings ,and this shop was historic, meant a lot to me and many thousands of others ,my guess visitors with an intrest in music would seek it out .
    There is a difference between listed buildings and the businesses that occupy them and I don't think there is much the council can do about either. Visitors can still visit Spillers. You really haven't explained what you think the council could have done to keep Spillers in it's previous building

Re: Spillers record shop

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    There is a difference between listed buildings and the businesses that occupy them and I don't think there is much the council can do about either. Visitors can still visit Spillers. You really haven't explained what you think the council could have done to keep Spillers in it's previous building
    Apply to Cadw for it to be considered a subject of historic environment central to Wales’s culture and its character which contributes to our sense of place and cultural identity.

It something enhances quality our life and adds local distinctiveness or its an important economic and social asset. It is vital that the historic environment is appreciated, protected and made accessible for present and future generations.

OF DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF ROLLING OVER TO THE COMMERCIAL GIANTS