+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spillers record shop

Re: Spillers record shop

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    In my teenage years when City were away (and I wasn’t going) I spent nearly every Saturday in town at either Spillers or Buffalo (which was just across the road in The Hayes). Bought my first 2 albums on the same day (one in each store but can’t remember which was which now) The Clash and Another Music In A Diffferent Kitchen. Still got them both
    Both great albums

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    In my teenage years when City were away (and I wasn’t going) I spent nearly every Saturday in town at either Spillers or Buffalo (which was just across the road in The Hayes). Bought my first 2 albums on the same day (one in each store but can’t remember which was which now) The Clash and Another Music In A Diffferent Kitchen. Still got them both
    Excellent start to your record buying career. Mine was For Your Pleasure, which is still my favourite album.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    There is a difference between listed buildings and the businesses that occupy them and I don't think there is much the council can do about either. Visitors can still visit Spillers. You really haven't explained what you think the council could have done to keep Spillers in it's previous building
    Apply to Cadw for it to be considered a subject of historic environment central to Wales’s culture and its character which contributes to our sense of place and cultural identity.

It something enhances quality our life and adds local distinctiveness or its an important economic and social asset. It is vital that the historic environment is appreciated, protected and made accessible for present and future generations.

OF DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF ROLLING OVER TO THE COMMERCIAL GIANTS

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Apply to Cadw for it to be considered a subject of historic environment central to Wales’s culture and its character which contributes to our sense of place and cultural identity.

It something enhances quality our life and adds local distinctiveness or its an important economic and social asset. It is vital that the historic environment is appreciated, protected and made accessible for present and future generations.

OF DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF ROLLING OVER TO THE COMMERCIAL GIANTS
    You've strayed a long way from the council doing a deal on the rent

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    You've strayed a long way from the council doing a deal on the rent
    I was making a point of doing something, hey they could have done something , to assist in the rise that was deliberately forced upon them to move them , doing ,saying nothing is not in my interest . We have lost all our identity .

and i have that red spillers above the shop sign...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was making a point of doing something, hey they could have done something , to assist in the rise that was deliberately forced upon them to move them , doing ,saying nothing is not in my interest . We have lost all our identity .
    What could the council have done?

I was more a "Paul Gibbs", shopper myself.