+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Around 1,000 Mansfield coming down tomorrow

Around 1,000 Mansfield coming down tomorrow

If the last few years are anything to go by they might have a very good day out.

Re: Around 1,000 Mansfield coming down tomorrow

Looks like about 7 blocks or so are petty much full in the Grandstand / Canton. We should get a gate of about 8,500 - 9,000 by the looks of it which isn’t bad considering.
    I reckon it would be a nice idea by the club that, if we get through this round, they reward fans that show up by guaranteeing them £10 a ticket even if we draw a big prem team.

I think it will be more like 6k

Good for them, must be good to get out of f’cking Mansfield.

Well I'm trying to buy four for the family and it's only offering me the corner or the end block of the Canton so most of the others are gone.

Can I buy in the Sytner - taking my two youngsters for their first game so want a decent view - I'm expecting it's going to be a struggle watching a full 90 minutes, can't see the kids lasting either.

It's a last minute thing decision and paying an extra £8 for the privilege.

Anyone know what time the Ticket office is open?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Well I'm trying to buy four for the family and it's only offering me the corner or the end block of the Canton so most of the others are gone.

Can I buy in the Sytner - taking my two youngsters for their first game so want a decent view - I'm expecting it's going to be a struggle watching a full 90 minutes, can't see the kids lasting either.

9am tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Looks like about 7 blocks or so are petty much full in the Grandstand / Canton. We should get a gate of about 8,500 - 9,000 by the looks of it which isn’t bad considering.
    I reckon it would be a nice idea by the club that, if we get through this round, they reward fans that show up by guaranteeing them £10 a ticket even if we draw a big prem team.
    Nice idea

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Nice idea

http://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewt...2750&start=250

1,064 sold

Okay thanks, will pop down in the morning.

Met a Mansfield fan on holiday in Greece a few yrs ago. Top guy with a brilliant sense of humour. Hope he’s not smiling at 4.45pm tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

I've done this for cup games before.
    It's a nice experience- especially in the cold/wet weather.

View up ther is superb too. You get a very good perspective on the game

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Met a Mansfield fan on holiday in Greece a few yrs ago. Top guy with a brilliant sense of humour. Hope he’s not smiling at 4.45pm tomorrow.

That'll be ok, as "OUR NEIL'S" warriors will wipe that smile away in the last 5 minutes.

Wouldn't let us in the sytner, said the people up there pay a lot of money for the benefit to be there and they can't let anybody upgrade as and when they want to. Didn't argue to be honest but worth a try.

I wasn't impressed at the £42 match day price for me, wife who was basically a chaperone and a 4 and 7 year old. Why the hike on match day amazes me really.

Having said that the kids were fairly well behaved and watched a fair bit but worryingly the wife enjoyed it.

Football wise their number 2 made Ken look very ordinary even though he fouled him a fair bit. Thought tomlin should have offered more, Mendez laing struggled, to much being asked of Healy to soon, and peterson wasn't comfortable in the middle.

Great to see Morrison and jazz back who i thought both played well, as did manga and Murphy looked ok, and Halford had the best game I've seen him play.

At least we are in the draw, the outcome of which i suspect will govern warnocks side for the replay.

Did we serenade them with “Scabby” Mansfield ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Did we serenade them with “Scabby” Mansfield ?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    No
    I thought they qualified for that chant

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Good for them, must be good to get out of f’cking Mansfield.
    The irony of them singing "Cardiff's a shithole, I want to go home".

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I thought they qualified for that chant
    It's in Nottinghamshire, so definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    It's in Nottinghamshire, so definitely.
    It is (or was) a mining town on the Nottinghamshire coalfield and was the headquarters of the UDM. Perhaps more qualified than Nottingham Forest to be on the end of that particular chant ?

Funnily enough, I heard the Mansfield fans singing anti-Chesterfield songs earlier. It got me thinking that it might have some link to the miners' strike. This article confirms it (apologies it's from the Daily Fail, but it's the only link I could find): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...d-rivalry.html