+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 MANSFIELD. FA Cup match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 MANSFIELD. FA Cup match thread

Jeez that was grim. Zohore back to his shitty old form. Healey looked interested but overall side was poor against a team two divisions below.

Disappointing.

But nobody died.

Replay unwanted. Unless it helps us to play back into form without points at stake?

Positives (from web commentary): Morrison, Richards, Healey and (for a time) Tomlin.

Patterson is no more a central midfielder than he is a NML understudy.

NML and Zohore weren't good (again) by the sound of it - still getting back in the groove after injuries. With Zohore it seems he's not up to speed yet; with NML he is making bad decisions and trying too hard (and failing).

But those are just impressions from the interweb 200 miles away. It might be very different for the 5000 + home fans who endured the whole thing live. Please have something good to say!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Disappointing.

But nobody died.

Replay unwanted. Unless it helps us to play back into form without points at stake?

Positives (from web commentary): Morrison, Richards, Healey and (for a time) Tomlin.

Patterson is no more a central midfielder than he is a NML understudy.

NML and Zohore weren't good (again) by the sound of it - still getting back in the groove after injuries. With Zohore it seems he's not up to speed yet; with NML he is making bad decisions and trying too hard (and failing).

But those are just impressions from the interweb 200 miles away. It might be very different for the 5000 + home fans who endured the whole thing live. Please have something good to say!
    That sums it up pretty nicely.

Some decent enough performances from:
    Morrison, Manga, Richards and Murphy was as comfortable as I’ve seen from our Keeper’s this season.

Some negatives:
    Zohore doesn’t look interested ala Slade days.
    When dispossessed Tomlin needs to move his fat arse to help the team out to win it back.
    Paterson isn’t progressing to the player we thought he would be (but there is still loads of time)

Poor game and for the first time this season, a couple of players apart, City didn’t look like they gave a shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Jeez that was grim. Zohore back to his shitty old form. Healey looked interested but overall side was poor against a team two divisions below.
    I was avoiding noting that the Zohore back from injury looks suspiciously like the one close to being shown the exit last season.

I disagree about Healey - he looks lightweight, too slow and lacking confidence. He should have scored today and the least said about his first half 'effort' on goal the better I think...

We have no shape, no zip and are going nowhere unless Warnock gets a grip really quickly and sorts it out. No-one should be above criticism at the moment.

Tomlin showed touches of real class today but often immediately followed by poor decision making that meant it all came to nought.

As I expected us to lose today I should be happier, but we put out a good team today and looked like we had nothing to offer in terms of a shape or threat. That's down to the manager and coaches as well as the players...

I dont think Warnock will be too upset , gentle run out for Zohore under instruction perhaps ?
    Limber up Morrison .
    Tomlin had a free reign to win it for us ,dint though ,which is a worry against the opposition ,he should be way better, if he is the new silky skill messiah.
    Nice to see Richards back .
    Could have easily lost it,they are a half decent side in their league and those teams can be very dangerous .
    I wonder if the managers remit was too go out try and win but dont be silly and overstretch.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I dont think Warnock will be too upset , gentle run out for Zohore under instruction perhaps ?
    Limber up Morrison .
    Tomlin had a free reign to win it for us ,dint though ,which is a worry against the opposition ,he should be way better, if he is the new silky skill messiah.
    Nice to see Richards back .
    Could have easily lost it,they are a half decent side in their league and those teams can be very dangerous .
    I wonder if the managers remit was too go out try and win but dont be silly and overstretch.
    I felt we had more gears to go too.
    We didn’t though, which is testament to how Mansfield played.
    We fell asleep quite often today and they could’ve nicked it.

It was absolutely dire today. For what it's worth I thought Tomlin was excellent today especially in the second half. He really put a shift in continually dropping back to pick up possession and try to create something. The fact that he didn't was down to the total lack of movement from the three in front of him.

I thought healey had comfortably his worst game so far. He shot weakly when through on the keeper (our only real chance), blasted another chance over and put one shot out for a throw in. Zohore was equally as bad, he got totally bossed by the centre half marking him, rarely won a ball in the air or held the ball up and didn't make any runs in behind, looked unfit to be honest.

I thought Manga was very poor first half. Zohore looked disinterested but he seemed to have a groin injury? Pilkington looked lively when he came on. The ref and linos were utterly bewildering. Keeper had a decent game.

One saving grace, at least our 0-0 isn’t as bad as the Chelsea Norwich game so far.
    What a snoozefest.

I’m not sure the criticism of Zohore is fair. To me the reason he looks ineffective is because we are playing in the same way as we were before NW came in, rather than how we had been for the last year i.e sitting back, inviting the opposition into our half before hitting them on the break, balls from midfield into his feet, he looked superb.
    Today was the same as the last four games, just smashing it high up to him. His one weakness is how poor he is in the air, so why are we persisting with this hopeless tactic?
    Also, what has happened to NML and Hoillet? They both seem completely unable or unwilling to take anyone on. We are taking two or three touches before attempting shots on goal, and invariably getting dispossessed. The quality of our set pieces is also terrible. Overall as a team our confidence looks shot to pieces.

Did you all have a row each today?

They were the better side imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post

Look Cleetus. Your club has been knocking around, underachieving in the lower divisions in front of shit crowds for years, you’re just having a little bit of a relative “success” at the moment, so get off your high horse you obnoxious crapwit.

Of course. As you know the CCS is a 2 million seater stadium so it was the obvious thing to do.

No, we were all well behaved.

Trust you to put your oar in.

How did your shitty team get on today

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    How did your shitty team get on today
    Fielded an academy team of kids against a full strength Watford (we have a league cup semi final Tuesday).
    So we lost as expected.

Yet had 1/4 of your attendance at home as an away following.
    And you've got to go up to Mansfield now too.

I'll take my day over yours.

Fielded an academy team of kids against a full strength Watford (we have a league cup semi final Tuesday).
    So we lost as expected.

Kernel of truth in what the lad from Cribb’s Causeway says. Aldo don’t get Yorkshire lad’s attitude to team selection for Field Mill fortress. Is he saying he will pick duffers if we are drawn against likes ofWoolwich Arsenal in next round? Conversely, play weakened team if it’s likes of Shrewsbury?

The irony of Jursset bragging about attendances after shamelessly sneaking back from his silly little boycott.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Kernel of truth in what the lad from Cribb’s Causeway says. Aldo don’t get Yorkshire lad’s attitude to team selection for Field Mill fortress. Is he saying he will pick duffers if we are drawn against likes ofWoolwich Arsenal in next round? Conversely, play weakened team if it’s likes of Shrewsbury?
    I don`t know why you bothered changing your user name it`s the same old same old from you.

So we lost as expected.

Hope you get stuffed on tuesday ,it will be your cup final .

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Hope you get stuffed on tuesday ,it will be your cup final .
    I'm going for 6-0