+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup memories

FA Cup memories

Obviously going to Wembley in 2008 will be pretty special, but there must be so many more.

Middlesbrough away that same cup run, Leeds 2002, Man City back in the 90’s

What’s your best moments?

Re: FA Cup memories

1977 cup run as that’s my first real memories of going down the ‘City.
    Especially the game v Wrexham.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    1977 cup run as that’s my first real memories of going down the ‘City.
    Especially the game v Wrexham.
    ^^^ this beating Spurs carnage outside the ground at full time, John buchanan late winner vs Wrexham. previous full house vs Arsenal and Leeds which was a bit tasty to say the Least

As above, the 77 cup run, also playing the mighty Arsenal in the third round in front of over 50,000 at Ninian park 69/70 season.

Seeing us in an fa cup final something we could previously only dream of. The leeds game was probably my favourite game I've ever been to would like to know the real attendance figures that day

Leeds of course
    FA Cup Final was brilliant but was gutted when we lost, Boro and Barnsley on that run were amazing.

Singing Abide With Me before the Cup Final.

I’m not religious in the slightest I just knew at that point we really were in the Cup Final.

I only wish I was a few years older and started following City sooner so I could have gone to the Vetch for the 91 cup game

Losing at home to Weymouth in early 80s. Beaten at home, non league team and one up at half time. Needless to say, it was all over the media for weeks. Don’t think anything will ever trump that😡

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Singing Abide With Me before the Cup Final.

I’m not religious in the slightest I just knew at that point we really were in the Cup Final.
    Unfortunately that was buggered up by the two sopranos "leading" the singing.
    Our Kath wasn't too bad, but Lesley "listen to how I can sing twiddly bits" Garret really messed up.

3rd April 1993.

Nothing to do with the match, but I was driving to Cardiff from Sheffield that day and as I headed down the M1 I passed what seemed like the rest of the rest of the population going the same way in hundreds of coaches and thousands of cars. All that was left in the city centre was tumbleweed and a few sad souls wandering about in Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal shirts.

Sheffield Wednesday 2–1 (a.e.t.) Sheffield United

(Waddle Goal 2', Bright Goal 108', Cork Goal 44'

Wembley Stadium, London - Attendance: 75,364

1992 , driving my van back from Milford Haven listening to Wrexham bumming the Arse , Mickey Thomas screamer

Final whistle at Barnsley S/F and the realisation we were off to the FA Cup Final. Buzzing for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Losing at home to Weymouth in early 80s. Beaten at home, non league team and one up at half time. Needless to say, it was all over the media for weeks. Don’t think anything will ever trump that😡
    Feck me, is your glass always half empty?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Final whistle at Barnsley S/F and the realisation we were off to the FA Cup Final. Buzzing for weeks.
    ^^^This, knowing we were going back to Wembley.
    The 77 cup run and finally losing against some of England's finest at Everton, Bob Lachford, Duncan McKenzie et al was special.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Feck me, is your glass always half empty?
    FA Cup record was as appalling as Boxing Day in them days. Double whammy.

Blakeys goal and Mark Grew's save and that fat Kent getting chucked out the grange end. Cardiff 1 Man City 0

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    ^^^This, knowing we were going back to Wembley.
    The 77 cup run and finally losing against some of England's finest at Everton, Bob Lachford, Duncan McKenzie et al was special.
    Exactly these both times, plus Leeds of course.

Whittingham's goal against Boro will live in my memory forever I think.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Whittingham's goal against Boro will live in my memory forever I think.
    Peter Sayers winner against Spurs & then getting to see it again and again at the start of MOTD.

This every time. I never thought it would ever have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    As above, the 77 cup run, also playing the mighty Arsenal in the third round in front of over 50,000 at Ninian park 69/70 season.
    55,000 that day, plus those on the roof of the old Grange end and Radio Ninian

Was that the game that Toby Tyke bossed for 90 mins and should have won comfortably?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Peter Sayers winner against Spurs & then getting to see it again and again at the start of MOTD.
    Now a bar manager at a golf club in Preston

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Now a bar manager at a golf club in Preston
    Yeah but he's getting on a bit

I remember his CCFC company car, a white TR7 with his name on it... that goal certainly made him famous and although he must have scored others, I can't remember any.