+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA Cup memories

Re: FA Cup memories

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Was that the game that Toby Tyke bossed for 90 mins and should have won comfortably?
    No I think you mean Campbell-Rice!

I do remember one of the worst misses ever seen at Wembley, new stadium and old. Not the guy's name though.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    No I think you mean Campbell-Rice!

I do remember one of the worst misses ever seen at Wembley, new stadium and old. Not the guy's name though.
    I think you’ll find that a certain Brian Howard completely dominated the midfield for Toby Tyke and created all their many chances.

I think you’ll find that a certain Brian Howard completely dominated the midfield for Toby Tyke and created all their many chances.
    You are probably right but although my memory is fast deteriorating, i rarely remember opposition players especially when they lose... I am a Cardiff fan see Helen love

You are probably right but although my memory is fast deteriorating, i rarely remember opposition players especially when they lose... I am a Cardiff fan see Helen love
    That game was so embarrassingly one sided, you’d have to be dumb or blind to airbrush out, as often seems to be the case.

Feck me, Cedric, it's deja vu!

Let's have a reminder of the game, thanks to Sky Sports write up. We finished up with more shots on target, had more possession, a higher passing success rate and enjoyed more time in their half than they did in ours. The report suggests Barnsley lacked a cutting edge, we were more threatening even if there wasn't really that much between the two sides.

As for your hero Brian Howard, I recall you commenting regularly that Joe Ledley was powderpuff. Ledley scored the winner that day and had other chances, unlike Howard. Howard never managed an appearance beyond Championship level, though had we believed you, Man Utd should have signed him and made him their most important midfielder. Ledley went on to enjoy a successful career in the top flights in England and Scotland, scoring 66 goals, while Howard ended up in League 1 four seasons after that semi final, scoring 20 goals less in his career.

We know you're a wind up merchant, a poor one that has previously been banned for spouting shite. It looks like you're set to continue in the same manner, even believing the nonsense you used to post to try and goad people. The other explanation is that you weren't a wind up act and that you simply don't have a clue about football.

That game was so embarrassingly one sided, you’d have to be dumb or blind to airbrush out, as often seems to be the case.
    "Embarrassingly one sided"

I don't think I've ever felt embarrassed about a football match that we have won, especially a semi final.
    Your posts aren't very pro-City I have noticed. Time to own up Helen, Jack or wurzel?

"Embarrassingly one sided"

I don't think I've ever felt embarrassed about a football match that we have won, especially a semi final.
    Your posts aren't very pro-City I have noticed. Time to own up Helen, Jack or wurzel?
    It's Cedric Harper reborn. Former wind-up merchant/clueless that was banned from here quite a few years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's Cedric Harper reborn. Former wind-up merchant/clueless that was banned from here quite a few years ago now.
    Yes. Explains a lot that, nice piece of detective work and research on the semi Eric. Holmes himself would have been proud.
    The toe up the arse you gave him (her) I reckon was a painful one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhjGtr5XDk

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Freudian slip on my part

Nice to hear that ditty again though. Buchanan verse is class

Here's another...
    https://youtu.be/Y7awogcZUIs

Edit:Sorry link doesn't work for.some reason