+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City Want Bournemouth's Striker Lewis Grabban...

City Want Bournemouth's Striker Lewis Grabban...

...being recalled from loan at Sunderland where he's scored 12 in 20 games as the Cherries want to offload him.

Cardiff lead the group of admirers which includes Fulham, Wolves and Villa. Bluebirds want a loan with a view to permanent signing whilst the others are prepared to buy now.

Daily Mail story...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...urnemouth.html

Re: City Want Bournemouth's Striker Lewis Grabban...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...s-bournemouth/

Says the story is from Alan Nixon who's generally usually reliable.

12 goals for Sunderland this season before his loan was terminated. Would be ideal for us.

Can he be loaned twice in same seasong?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Is he good on KARAOKE then ?

If he does sign I hope he likes the ball lumped forward on to his head !

If he can score 12 in 20 for a struggling side it would suggest he can do a job for us.

Only worry I have is that some of their fans say he's lazy and he didn't do much when we played them up there

His goals will dry up as soon as he’s here, we do it to every striker.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    His goals will dry up as soon as he’s here, we do it to every striker.
    Sadly, what you say has a ring of truth to it. He has obviously been doing something right while on loan at Sunderland. I hope our coaching staff analyse his goals scored during that period and whether it's balls played along the channels /whipped in from the wings /set-pieces or whatever - we follow that and we don't ask him to adopt another approach.

Why would he sign here on loan if Bournemouth are recalling him from another loan because they want to sell him?!?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why would he sign here on loan if Bournemouth are recalling him from another loan because they want to sell him?!?
    Was Grabbans decision to terminate the loan.

Presumably had his head turned..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Sadly, what you say has a ring of truth to it. He has obviously been doing something right while on loan at Sunderland. I hope our coaching staff analyse his goals scored during that period and whether it's balls played along the channels /whipped in from the wings /set-pieces or whatever - we follow that and we don't ask him to adopt another approach.
    Was a tongue in cheek comment but wasn’t the last striker who scored 20+ for us Bothroyd in 10-11?
    That’s quite a long time. I was certain Zohore was going to be that man this season (or 15 at least!) but it doesn’t look like it at the moment. Hope I’m wrong and he has a barnstorming 2nd half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If he does sign I hope he likes the ball lumped forward on to his head !
    Well said. That's all we seem to be doing at the moment. I don't know why we can't get the ball on the floor and use our wingers properly.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Well said. That's all we seem to be doing at the moment. I don't know why we can't get the ball on the floor and use our wingers properly.
    Spedger
    I was a bit bored the other evening and decided to re-run the City win at Wolvesalona on iFollow... our movement, pace and incisive play was a joy to watch.
    Lately, all we seem to see is players putting the ball under their shirts, wiping it dry, hurling long, easy to defend balls, back passes to the 'keeper and then ... hoofffff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I was a bit bored the other evening and decided to re-run the City win at Wolvesalona on iFollow... our movement, pace and incisive play was a joy to watch.
    Lately, all we seem to see is players putting the ball under their shirts, wiping it dry, hurling long, easy to defend balls, back passes to the 'keeper and then ... hoofffff!!
    Same players though.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Same players though.
    ... and that's what I'm driving at.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    Given the current tactics, current availability of players, current levels of confidence and current form of some players who appear to faded to some degree, even the most expensive and gifted striker is going to struggle to score in our current team. Some new creative blood in midfield and a bit less lumping it forward then a new striker might have more of a chance. An over simplification I know but it will need more than just a new face up front to improve matters.

speaking to someone yesterday about why is had all gone wrong, He said he thinks its the players are tired and Jaded, I really do not get that, they play once or twice a week, same as parks players, yes they train most days, but they are paid to do that, it is the job they have
    My daughter players netball, she plays for 2 teams ( with a little regional training occasionally ) , so plays 3 times a week and then trains for 5 hours on Wednesday ( not a full 5 hours, as we have to drive between the 2 places which takes about 30 mins ) how comes they are not " jaded and tired " ? ? ? these footballers do nothing else all week except train and keep up fitness

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Because we are signing him on a permanent deal ,perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Was Grabbans decision to terminate the loan.

Presumably had his head turned..
    Presumably he’s realised Sunderland are going down and wants out... Or he could have had his head turned.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    speaking to someone yesterday about why is had all gone wrong, He said he thinks its the players are tired and Jaded, I really do not get that, they play once or twice a week, same as parks players, yes they train most days, but they are paid to do that, it is the job they have
    My daughter players netball, she plays for 2 teams ( with a little regional training occasionally ) , so plays 3 times a week and then trains for 5 hours on Wednesday ( not a full 5 hours, as we have to drive between the 2 places which takes about 30 mins ) how comes they are not " jaded and tired " ? ? ? these footballers do nothing else all week except train and keep up fitness
    I think we was putting so much energy in the first half of the season we're now paying the price which I have my suspicions with regards to injuries

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Shanty, you mean?

Exactly, the high tempo we have played and using the same players is obviously going to make them jaded and tired no disrespect but comparing football to netball, well what can I say, also when you are young you can run all day