+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 510 more fans at County.

510 more fans at County.

It must be a long while since County can lay claim to a bigger attendance than City on the same weekend.

Re: 510 more fans at County.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    It must be a long while since County can lay claim to a bigger attendance than City on the same weekend.
    Hardly surprising, given the fixtures.

I wonder how many we would get if we won the replay and drew County at home?

To be fair they are playing the mighty Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    To be fair there was 6000 leeds fans there

Cardiff v Newport, a rare beast, atmosphere for that one would be rocking I reckon..

30 years almost since we last played them in anything meaningful is it? On our way to promotion as they were falling out of the league if I recall. About 6000 at ninian with about 400 from Newport, shocking support as ever from them.

I was surprised how much space there was in the home end tbh.
    I know they obviously have an official capacity but it was n`t packed to rafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Hardly surprising, given the fixtures.

I wonder how many we would get if we won the replay and drew County at home?
    That's a good question, its a weird kind of one-way rivalry so it would test the feeling between the clubs

Definitely wouldn't sell out though

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Cardiff v Newport, a rare beast, atmosphere for that one would be rocking I reckon..
    A massive game for Newport, hardly a crowd puller for City fans. I wouldn't even class them as local rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    A massive game for Newport, hardly a crowd puller for City fans. I wouldn't even class them as local rivals.
    I think we would see a bit more interest but to most they’re just another league 2 side. I doubt we’d get more than about 8-9000. To be honest I’m not really expecting us to win the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I think we would see a bit more interest but to most they’re just another league 2 side. I doubt we’d get more than about 8-9000. To be honest I’m not really expecting us to win the replay.
    I think there would be a decentish 15k crowd with the media bigging it up. Provided of course it's not a 11am Ko for TV .

If we draw the Cwnty we will have to play the game in two halves in two stadiums to accommodate everyone

We played them in the FAW cup at Ninian Park around 10 years ago and they had more fans there than us.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I think there would be a decentish 15k crowd with the media bigging it up. Provided of course it's not a 11am Ko for TV .
    That jacks game was a disgrace kicking off at that time when I got down to the stadium I met loads of the lads that had been drinking since 05:30 am and some never stopped from the night before

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We played them in the FAW cup at Ninian Park around 10 years ago and they had more fans there than us.
    I was there for that.
    Embarrassing it was.

Just goes to show how irrelevant they are to be honest.....I bet half the crowd at there game were Cardiff fans anyway.....

Would prefer to play them at their place. At least we’d fill the away end.