Would not want to cause Upset.
    Lol! That was aimed st Auntie Andy

Re: Car stolen in Thornhill

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Lol! That was aimed st Auntie Andy

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Sorry to hear that.

Read somewhere the other day that car theft has risen by 30% due to thieves now being able to get around most car security systems. And there was me thinking car theft was a dying art.
    Would like to see that article. I believe modern cars are almost impossible to steal , so the thieves are breaking into the houses and getting the keys from the hook in the kitchen .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Would like to see that article. I believe modern cars are almost impossible to steal , so the thieves are breaking into the houses and getting the keys from the hook in the kitchen .
    The days of Jamming a screw driver into the drivers door then the ignition are long gone surely.

I know of someone who has been involved in the thieving of top of the range cars to send abroad and they have mechanics in the the top showrooms on the payroll.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...urity-devices/

Had my Fiesta stolen from Leckwith hill whilst we were at the Hull city game. Just a pile of broken glass and no car. Have heard they can use a laptop and plug in to the diagnostic port to start the car, don't know if that's true or not.

Looks like I'm back to taking out the petrol pump fuse again. That was the only way to stop my Vauxhall being stolen back in the late 80's. Didn't stop the arseholes knackering the steering column though

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Looks like I'm back to taking out the petrol pump fuse again. That was the only way to stop my Vauxhall being stolen back in the late 80's. Didn't stop the arseholes knackering the steering column though
    We used to remove the rotor arm. That was in the days before steering locks and hot wiring a car was so easy you could do it without causing damage. Opening a car was easy, just choose any key from a selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    I know of someone who has been involved in the thieving of top of the range cars to send abroad and they have mechanics in the the top showrooms on the payroll.
    This feels like a piece of information you should probably share with the police?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    This feels like a piece of information you should probably share with the police?

Put a stop to car thieves by siphoning off all your petrol whenever
    you park your car, and carrying it round with you in one or two
    plastic buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I was going to add other than organised crime for top end vehicles .
    Your local car thief still cant steal your car ,without the keys .

Happy New Year Jimmy!

You maybe right except I'm struggling to reconcile 'Vauxhall Insignia' and 'top end vehicles'.

I know I won't do anything about it until I get a car nicked again though...

Car found last night at midnight. Involved in multiple robberies and a police chase.

Happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Car found last night at midnight. Involved in multiple robberies and a police chase.

Happy new year
    I had a car nicked back in the early 90's, a white Cavalier SRi

That was involved in a police chase where the robbers threw my babies car seat at the chasing cops. They got away and car was found abandoned in Barry. In the time it took me to get to Barry to reclaim it it was taken again and found a day or two later in Merthyr.

It got repaired but I never drove it again. Ditched it immediately as I was not comfortable with it

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    More chance of cops nailing blancmange to a ceiling than catching the scrotes.
    If car thieves or House breakers do get caught then chop a hand off. Draconian measures but they won’t do it again. If they do, chop the other fuc*er off.
    Ps. I’m being serious. Too many keunts walking around thinking they can just take what they want.
    Sounds like you're up for a bit of Sharia Law to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

That was involved in a police chase where the robbers threw my babies car seat at the chasing cops. They got away and car was found abandoned in Barry. In the time it took me to get to Barry to reclaim it it was taken again and found a day or two later in Merthyr.

It got repaired but I never drove it again. Ditched it immediately as I was not comfortable with it
    Sorry to hear. The assailants could have easily cloned my car key, as they haven't been caught why would I want the car back when they can just come back in a couple of weeks and steal it again.

There were various personal documents in the car also.

As an example, you can get some sort of master key fot Transit MK7's and device to plug into port under the steering column for about £300. Google transit owners club, stolen vans. I think same is available for many vehicles as well now. No damaged locks or steering columns and vehicles started in about 30 seconds.

Good luck to them if they can find the feckers in my kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

You should have put the baby chair back in. You'd have been more comfortable and you would have been able to see over the dashboard.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    You should have put the baby chair back in. You'd have been more comfortable and you would have been able to see over the dashboard.
    Have you ever met Mike ?

Thought not.

Don’t buy the cheap CCTV’s from eBay, spend good money and have a good system.

HIK Vision are one of the best systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Banc Blue View Post
    Don’t buy the cheap CCTV’s from eBay, spend good money and have a good system.

HIK Vision are one of the best systems.
    I'll get them through work, work for a wholesaler so get hik vision cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    I'll get them through work, work for a wholesaler so get hik vision cheap
    Ah so you’ll know all about the cheap stuff on eBay.