+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car stolen in Thornhill

Car stolen in Thornhill

Last night, god knows how but it's gone from outside my house. Black vauxhall insignia. Installing CCTV this week... never think it would happen to you until it does.

Anyone else had similar experiences? Feel very unsafe in my own home because of these scumbags

Re: Car stolen in Thornhill

**** man, sorry to hear that. Hope the bastards are caught!

Dreadful news, your right it must leave you feeling unsafe and someone has invaded your privacy .

Thanks, let's hope so. Didn't seem to be at the highest of priorities for the police however. Just logged it as stolen and said they'd let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dreadful news, your right it must leave you feeling unsafe and someone has invaded your privacy .
    The privacy part is what is horrible. They obviously have been scoping out the area for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    The privacy part is what is horrible. They obviously have been scoping out the area for a while.
    How did they manage to steal your car , did they break 8nto your house for the keys ?

More chance of cops nailing blancmange to a ceiling than catching the scrotes.
    If car thieves or House breakers do get caught then chop a hand off. Draconian measures but they won’t do it again. If they do, chop the other fuc*er off.
    Ps. I’m being serious. Too many keunts walking around thinking they can just take what they want.

Just a thought, any of your neighbours have cameras fitted nearbye. They might have caught them.

House down the road had his truck broken into and they took his tools, so he fitted camera's on his drive, to stop is happening again

3 weeks down the line, his truck is done again ( i guess they think the owner of the truck needs tools for work, they will buy new and know what tools will be in it )

anyways, its all on CCTV, he shows the police who say " thats great, HD video of it, but still doesnt help us catch the bloke, as we dont know who he is "

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If car thieves or House breakers do get caught then chop a hand off. Draconian measures but they won’t do it again. If they do, chop the other fuc*er off.
    Ps. I’m being serious. Too many keunts walking around thinking they can just take what they want.
    That's the touchy feely Libereal world we are in , if caught , it would be down to a tragic early life ,when someone stole his breakfast box as a child , that has left him devoid of self respect and meaning and he only wants to seek revenge .

So your 15 year old son steals a car and you would be happy to cut off his hand. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    So your 15 year old son steals a car and you would be happy to cut off his hand. Great idea.
    I have had a car pinched a couple of times when I lived in Cardiff. Including from outside my flat in Llandaff.
    Very unpleasant experience but I never wanted to cut the thieves limbs off.

Thinly veiled 'my 15 year old son is a car thief' post

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Thinly veiled 'my 15 year old son is a car thief' post
    Shhhh

Had my car stolen following an away game with the City. Game called off when we were 10 minutes from ground, followed by supporters bus breaking down and when I got back to Nangarw my car was gone.

Didn’t want the guys hands cut off though

How about chopping their feet off too?

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Last night, god knows how but it's gone from outside my house. Black vauxhall insignia. Installing CCTV this week... never think it would happen to you until it does.

Anyone else had similar experiences? Feel very unsafe in my own home because of these scumbags

Sorry to hear that.

Read somewhere the other day that car theft has risen by 30% due to thieves now being able to get around most car security systems. And there was me thinking car theft was a dying art.

how about a nasty smack on the bottom that would teach them.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    How about chopping their feet off too?
    Good idea. Hadn’t thought of that!
    Would save parents having to bow to peer pressure and buy expensive trainers for them.
    Win win.!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post

What is to stop the thief copying the reg plate of a exact same car - and then driving it as if it's his own. Car Tax is now online - and the only way it is detected is via those camera vans - but if the dodgy car has the same plates it wont know.
    Fairly popular thing to do in certain communities by all accounts

I'm all for lopping a hand off of a home burglar provided they're aged 18 or over. For those aged 10 (the age of criminal responsibility in the UK) to 18, do the same to them as well unless a parent/guardian volunteers to endure that punishment on their behalf. For lesser crimes committed by those aged 10-18, hit them with punitive fines that their parent/parents/guardian/guardians are legally obliged to pay, and take payment from their income, whether it be a wage or benefits, at source so that they have no option but to cough-up. Then maybe the message will get out that people need to invest more time in parenting, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm all for lopping a hand off of a home burglar provided they're aged 18 or over. For those aged 10 (the age of criminal responsibility in the UK) to 18, do the same to them as well unless a parent/guardian volunteers to endure that punishment on their behalf. For lesser crimes committed by those aged 10-18, hit them with punitive fines that their parent/parents/guardian/guardians are legally obliged to pay, and take payment from their income, whether it be a wage or benefits, at source so that they have no option but to cough-up. Then maybe the message will get out that people need to invest more time in parenting, or else.
    Always been a issue of mine, they are fined and then say " Oh we cannot afford that " so the courts says " how much can you afford ", " 50p per week " was the normal reply ( this was 10 - 15 years ago ) , so they then had to pay 50p per week ( i know this 100% as when council tenants would do a runner or get evicted, we had to go and secure the property, then do the place up, occasionally the council would ask us to check the mail for a clue as to where they had run to, the amount of defaults of the 50p a week were amazing

I wonder if the thieves left a calling card saying :

" **** off Baker ". That would have been classic.

Until reading this thread I had assumed he was still mincing in Brecon. Had no idea the good people of Thornhill had to witness him parading round their streets with hands on hips.

If you know the punishment before committing the crime, then you only have yourself to blame, surely?
    I take it you’d send the scrote a strongly worded letter?

If you know the punishment before committing the crime, then you only have yourself to blame, surely?
    I take it you’d send the scrote a strongly worded letter?
    Not too strong.

Would not want to cause Upset.