+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Help please for raising money for my son in law's skydive for Velindre cancer hospital

Help please for raising money for my son in law's skydive for Velindre cancer hospital

For those of you on here who don't know me my name is Mark Symonds and I was dealt a bad hand just over 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer. During that time I've had tremendous help off Velindre and in return my son in law has agreed to do a skydive this coming Saturday to raise funds for them.
    My daughter has arranged it all including setting up this Justgiving page, and also paying the £230 to cover the cost of the skydive, so all money raised will go directly to Velindre.
    Up to now we've managed to raise £485 and with your help it would be brilliant if we could push it up towards £1,000
    Please donate as little or as much as you possibly can.
    Thanks for reading.
    https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/amy-lloyd17

Re: Help please for raising money for my son in law's skydive for Velindre cancer hospital

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    For those of you on here who don't know me my name is Mark Symonds and I was dealt a bad hand just over 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer. During that time I've had tremendous help off Velindre and in return my son in law has agreed to do a skydive this coming Saturday to raise funds for them.
    My daughter has arranged it all including setting up this Justgiving page, and also paying the £230 to cover the cost of the skydive, so all money raised will go directly to Velindre.
    Up to now we've managed to raise £485 and with your help it would be brilliant if we could push it up towards £1,000
    Please donate as little or as much as you possibly can.
    Thanks for reading.
    https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/amy-lloyd17
    Fifty quid on its way alien , well done to your daughter and son in law doing this and well done to you for fighting cancer head on

People like you are an inspiration to us all

Best wishes mate

Re: Help please for raising money for my son in law's skydive for Velindre cancer hospital

Bump

Give kindly if you can , alien is a top bloke and as many with cancer are , is going through a battle

Nice one

I’m sorry that morally I cannot support an activity that statistically could leach resources out of an already stretched NHS.

Sixty-three percent of casualties who were charity-parachutists required hospital admission, representing a serious injury rate of 7%, at an average cost of 5781 Pounds per patient. The amount raised per person for charity was 30 Pounds. Each pound raised for charity cost the NHS 13.75 Pounds in return. (Lee CT, et al. Injury. 1999)

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    I’m sorry that morally I cannot support an activity that statistically could leach resources out of an already stretched NHS.

Sixty-three percent of casualties who were charity-parachutists required hospital admission, representing a serious injury rate of 7%, at an average cost of 5781 Pounds per patient. The amount raised per person for charity was 30 Pounds. Each pound raised for charity cost the NHS 13.75 Pounds in return. (Lee CT, et al. Injury. 1999)

That's your choice , instead you could just phone up velindre and make a donation over the phone ?

That way you can be sure your cash is directly helping this fella and others like him

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fifty quid on its way alien , well done to your daughter and son in law doing this and well done to you for fighting cancer head on

People like you are an inspiration to us all

Best wishes mate
    Thanks very much mate it really is appriciated. Also a big thank you to Jimmy the Jock.