+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Help please for raising money for my son in law's skydive for Velindre cancer hospital

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Help please for raising money for my son in law's skydive for Velindre cancer hospital

I’m sorry that morally I cannot support an activity that statistically could leach resources out of an already stretched NHS.

Sixty-three percent of casualties who were charity-parachutists required hospital admission, representing a serious injury rate of 7%, at an average cost of 5781 Pounds per patient. The amount raised per person for charity was 30 Pounds. Each pound raised for charity cost the NHS 13.75 Pounds in return. (Lee CT, et al. Injury. 1999)

Re: Help please for raising money for my son in law's skydive for Velindre cancer hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    I’m sorry that morally I cannot support an activity that statistically could leach resources out of an already stretched NHS.

Sixty-three percent of casualties who were charity-parachutists required hospital admission, representing a serious injury rate of 7%, at an average cost of 5781 Pounds per patient. The amount raised per person for charity was 30 Pounds. Each pound raised for charity cost the NHS 13.75 Pounds in return. (Lee CT, et al. Injury. 1999)

That's your choice , instead you could just phone up velindre and make a donation over the phone ?

That way you can be sure your cash is directly helping this fella and others like him

Take care