+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&M in a bit of bother

Re: H&M in a bit of bother

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I suggest that you look into the charitable causes that the company has been involved with over a long period of time (including UNICEF) - and how you think that their shareholders would be pleased by any deliberate racism is beyond me.
    So how do you explain that unbelievably naive advert getting past all the scrutiny and checks and actually being released. If it wasn’t meant to deliberately create extra attention albeit mostly negative?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So how do you explain that unbelievably naive advert getting past all the scrutiny and checks and actually being released. If it wasn’t meant to deliberately create extra attention albeit mostly negative?
    Great for the business, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'd have to know that in the first place wouldn't i oh smarty pants.

It may be "beyond you" but looking at what little I had to go on and how "any publicity is good publicity" it's not hard to imagine it as a possibility.
    You have the same facility as anyone else to do a bit of research before accusing anyone of racism or anything else that is pejorative.
    And the 'any publicity is good publicity' is nonsense in this context, isn't it? Best research Gerald Ratner...

Isn’t it a good thing no one noticed? I honestly had to double take when I first saw the story in the news.

You have the same facility as anyone else to do a bit of research before accusing anyone of racism or anything else that is pejorative.
    And the 'any publicity is good publicity' is nonsense in this context, isn't it? Best research Gerald Ratner...
    Right, so before just making my own opinion on something on a messageboard, I need to do research every time before making a comment.

Jog on ffs.

Great for the business, eh?
    It hasn’t been in this case lol!
    Last edited by William Treseder; 11-01-18 at 11:58. Reason: Spelling

Right, so before just making my own opinion on something on a messageboard, I need to do research every time before making a comment.

Jog on ffs.
    Best carry on making defamatory marks from a position of ignorance then.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oh dear

How did an item of clothing with that message get to production stage, and what idiot selected a black kid to model the hoody?

From design to production to marketing how many people did that pass through without someone posing the question ffs?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-advert.html
    Maybe 'accidental' racism?
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a8149306.html
    Racism.jpg

It isn't the worst idea tbh

Seems the kids Mum is fine with the advert...
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-kids-clothing

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Seems the kids Mum is fine with the advert...
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-kids-clothing
    No thats not right

she should be very offended, infact more Offended than barney Mc'offended the Mayor of Offended town

See the snowflake millennials have been out smashing up H&M stores today to show their disgust.