+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosques in Cardiff

Mosques in Cardiff

Didn’t realise there were so many, 40 apparently. 5 in Swansea not so surprisingly.
    We got more than Bristol(19) Glasgow and Leeds....

Re: Mosques in Cardiff

By contrast I believe that there are only 5 ( maybe 6 ) Synagogues in Wales now.

I'm not sure whether religion should actually go with the politics posts.
    My gut feeling is they should.

Not looking to get political at all, but in this day and age you are probably right....

Google reckons there are 20 in Cardiff

They could have one every street corner if 100% of the occupants used it as a peace loving religion ( which the majority are ) better than the many more late night off licences and the religious gatherings they attract.

Slightly off topic but I listened to a David Baddiel podcast the other day. The series where he investigates things he doesn't understand and tries to get his head around things. He's done one on bitcoin for example.

He did one on the differences between Sunni and Shia Islam. The two Muslims representing two strands couldn't even agree what the differences were

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Slightly off topic but I listened to a David Baddiel podcast the other day. The series where he investigates things he doesn't understand and tries to get his head around things. He's done one on bitcoin for example.

He did one on the differences between Sunni and Shia Islam. The two Muslims representing two strands couldn't even agree what the differences were
    That's why they kill each other ,glad that not happened anywhere near Christianity religions .

I wonder if Baddiel relied to get his head around his double standards in condeming Spurs fans for chanting "Yid army" whilst not condemning fans of his beloved Chelsea for some pretty vile anti-semitism.

He huffed and puffed on that one then finally a few weeks after being criticised wrote a hand-wringing article about how embarassed and upset he was about Chelsea fans... yet conveniently failed to report a single incident to stewards or police.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I wonder if Baddiel relied to get his head around his double standards in condeming Spurs fans for chanting "Yid army" whilst not condemning fans of his beloved Chelsea for some pretty vile anti-semitism.

He huffed and puffed on that one then finally a few weeks after being criticised wrote a hand-wringing article about how embarassed and upset he was about Chelsea fans... yet conveniently failed to report a single incident to stewards or police.
    What the same David Baddiel that used to 'black up' on tele to mock Jason Lee. That David Baddiel.

Jeez, didnt mean to start a Baddiel bashing session Just making the point that religion is so complicated!

Jeez, didnt mean to start a Baddiel bashing session Just making the point that religion is so complicated!
    😃😀

Never let a valid point get in the way of a Baddiel bashing session.

David Baddiel see that comedian getting a bashing on ccmb ? That's you that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Never let a valid point get in the way of a Baddiel bashing session.
    Its a love in , you can guess his religion from the bashing comments

"" His mother was a Jewish refugee from Nazi Germany, but Baddiel has said that going to an orthodox Jewish school as a child put him off religion.""

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Google reckons there are 20 in Cardiff
    You are right, 40 was Wales, seems right now. I need a lie down been a long few weeks....🍺

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's why they kill each other ,glad that not happened anywhere near Christianity religions .
    Erm......the reformation? Bloody Mary? The great glorious revolution of 1688? The Battle of the Boyne? The troubles in Northern Ireland?

That’s just Britain and Ireland for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Erm......the reformation? Bloody Mary? The great glorious revolution of 1688? The Battle of the Boyne? The troubles in Northern Ireland?

That’s just Britain and Ireland for a start.
    I assumed the comment was tongue in cheek, it can't possibly have been serious

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I assumed the comment was tongue in cheek, it can't possibly have been serious
    Yeah, surely has to be and I’m half asleep hence my not realising it...

Surely?

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    What the same David Baddiel that used to 'black up' on tele to mock Jason Lee. That David Baddiel.
    https://youtu.be/BhHq4m_Bi5g

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    By contrast I believe that there are only 5 ( maybe 6 ) Synagogues in Wales now.

I'm not sure whether religion should actually go with the politics posts.
    My gut feeling is they should.
    How about a forum for anything that you don't agree with?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You are right, 40 was Wales, seems right now. I need a lie down been a long few weeks....��
    You should go and work for the BBC with manipulation skills like these

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    99.99999% of religion is about the control of people, from Roman Catholics, Christians, Jews and Muslims.

Needs to abolished as fairy stories until any one of them can prove the existence of 'God' rather than the existence of a man with clear mental health problems pretending to be the prophet / son of God etc.

Allowing for more religious building of any religion wouldnt get my vote.
    Be a good person throughout you life and if the big man does call you up, you'll looking at en-suite at minimum!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How about a forum for anything that you don't agree with?
    The colonel has started one of those .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The colonel has started one of those .
    Oh yeah

Meanwhile in Canada..... https://youtu.be/eail3MOdsz4