+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FA Cup 4th round draw- Cardiff or Mansfield v Manchester City

Re: Manchester City the reward for Cardiff or Mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    F**k the FA Cup, we need to focus on avoiding relegation!

I can honestly say, this was my first thought when the draw was made.
    Well not quite the relegation bit, but the feeling that we will get hammered and really don't need this type of distraction in our current position in the league and poor form.

However, as others have mentioned, it could have a positive effect on the players to get themselves fit and up for a scrap, whether its to see where they are in relation to some of the best players in the world or even if it is to just not be humiliated.
    It may be the catalyst for a turnaround in our form.

No doubt that our Vincent will be saying to our Neil, "I want to see us do what we did to them here four years ago", although I hope he has learnt a thing or two since that famous day.
    One thing is for sure though is that he will want to beat Mansfield even more than pre-draw.... thinking of the spondoolicks between now and the end of Jan.

Re: FA Cup 4th round draw- Cardiff or Mansfield v Manchester City

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Fair enough, knew I forgot one!

Still cracks me up

We'll do Man City at home no problem.

(Mansfield fan)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I know a bid IF, if we did beat Mansfield, what would the income £ be for a Man City game?
    White elephant stand opened. 36,000 paying £20 on average each - about £720,000. Cardiff get 45% of that, so about £320k. TV money is a possibility too. Could be around £500k and it's such a big game even Vincent Tan will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    White elephant stand opened. 36,000 paying £20 on average each - about £720,000. Cardiff get 45% of that, so about £320k. TV money is a possibility too. Could be around £500k and it's such a big game even Vincent Tan will show up.
    Capacity is 33,000

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    And so he should. The money he’s ploughed into the club he deserves to have a day out with a bunch of whatever friends and associates he decides that fly in from Asia

Whoever Man City play it’s likely it’ll be the Saturday or the Sunday.
    They got Bristol the Tuesday before and West Brom the following Wednesday.
    A Friday night kick off will probably be unlikely but possible but certainly not the Monday evening.

Whoever Man City play it’s likely it’ll be the Saturday or the Sunday.
    They got Bristol the Tuesday before and West Brom the following Wednesday.
    A Friday night kick off will probably be unlikely but possible but certainly not the Monday evening.
    A Friday/Saturday night would suit Mansfield and ourselves, maybe if we combined forces and played 22vs11 we could force a replay?

It’ll be Leeds 2002 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Everyone who went to Mansfield should get a ticket for free in my opinion I bottled it.Oh and everyone who travels for the away game ,loyalty first in my book
    Went to the home game, going to the away game, but won't be home for the Manchester City game if it happens...

-Season ticket holders who went to the Mansfield game (Their seat + 1 other ticket)
    -Season ticket holders (their seat)
    -Non season ticket holders (but went to Mansfield)
    -General sale

Anyway, let’s get passed Mansfield first
    Season ticket holders who thought, **** that I'm going horse racing instead 20 tickets each

I know we have to turnover Mansfield first but does anyone have any idea when they will decide what day the Man City game will be played.
    I'm flying to Boston on the Saturday morning so I'm hoping for a Friday night game but Ill need to do a little bit of rearranging as I planned to stay at the airport hotel that night.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Season ticket holders who thought, **** that I'm going horse racing instead 20 tickets each
    In my defence my bed was very comfortable that day.