+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oasis -- supersonic

Oasis -- supersonic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...sis-supersonic

just watched the documentary on Oasis, now i owned the first 2 CD's, Def maybe and whats the story ( also Downloaded Be here ) but i wouldnt say i was a massive fan, we saw them at Reading festival ( though looking at the poster, we would ahve gone to see the 'phonics, Eminem, Foo's, primal scream and Furries and Ian Brown ) at the time i thought they were a wannbe 'Roses ( who I loved ) , Liam always came across as a right knobhead

a interesting documentary, well worth a watch

Both Noel and Liam are troubled souls, Knobheads but troubled souls, it looked fun though

Re: Oasis -- supersonic

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...sis-supersonic

just watched the documentary on Oasis, now i owned the first 2 CD's, Def maybe and whats the story ( also Downloaded Be here ) but i wouldnt say i was a massive fan, we saw them at Reading festival ( though looking at the poster, we would ahve gone to see the 'phonics, Eminem, Foo's, primal scream and Furries and Ian Brown ) at the time i thought they were a wannbe 'Roses ( who I loved ) , Liam always came across as a right knobhead

a interesting documentary, well worth a watch

Both Noel and Liam are troubled souls, Knobheads but troubled souls, it looked fun though
    Loved Def Maybe. Really fresh and different but then they became, perhaps they always were but didn't come across as, proper knobeads.
    Subsequent albums all I could hear was whining and attitude which grated on me.

Very good doc. It confirmed what we all knew. Liam was a bigger twat than Noel and the other three did feck all.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Very good doc. It confirmed what we all knew. Liam was a bigger twat than Noel and the other three did feck all.

Really? I thought it shows Noel is the bigger bellend? Everyone who left the band fell out with Noel for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Really? I thought it shows Noel is the bigger bellend? Everyone who left the band fell out with Noel for starters.
    I think that's because he was the one who recognised that they had to be professional some of the time to get anywhere.

If i was in his position, doing most of the work while the others fecked about trashing stuff, I'd be falling out with them too.

I think that's because he was the one who recognised that they had to be professional some of the time to get anywhere.

If i was in his position, doing most of the work while the others fecked about trashing stuff, I'd be falling out with them too.
    I suppose that's true. I suppose I just prefer Liam to Noel. Noel always has to say something controversial these days.

The release of Definitely Maybe and Whats the story hit in the peak of my teenage years. I used to know those albums track by track and word by word. As a group of friends we used to walk alongside the railway tracks to our nights out swigging cans and singing the songs of the album one by one.

At the time it talked to us. It seemed different (however i realise that everybody feels this way about certain bands. I find people just slightly older than me talk this way about the Stone Roses, but i just missed that bus.). I can still remember being out with some friends when What the story dropped and the excitement and anticipation was something i haven't experienced before or since.

The bad behavior was part of the package. I don't think a nice functioning band would have taken off as much. Then of course working with your brother with both competing to take the leading role obviously cause bad atmospheres.

Watching the documentary there was a comment that after Knebworth the band should have just left it there and said we cant do better than this. I agree with it to a degree. To me the band was a huge formative experience in my life (mainly due to timing), and i still find myself going back and listening to the songs today, just like i used to laugh at my dad for going back to his formative songs when he was older.

When i see the brother now releasing solo work, i still think the best work they can produce is Noel writing and Liam on lead vocals, it is what is missing from both their new albums.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The release of Definitely Maybe and Whats the story hit in the peak of my teenage years. I used to know those albums track by track and word by word. As a group of friends we used to walk alongside the railway tracks to our nights out swigging cans and singing the songs of the album one by one.

At the time it talked to us. It seemed different (however i realise that everybody feels this way about certain bands. I find people just slightly older than me talk this way about the Stone Roses, but i just missed that bus.). I can still remember being out with some friends when What the story dropped and the excitement and anticipation was something i haven't experienced before or since.

The bad behavior was part of the package. I don't think a nice functioning band would have taken off as much. Then of course working with your brother with both competing to take the leading role obviously cause bad atmospheres.

Watching the documentary there was a comment that after Knebworth the band should have just left it there and said we cant do better than this. I agree with it to a degree. To me the band was a huge formative experience in my life (mainly due to timing), and i still find myself going back and listening to the songs today, just like i used to laugh at my dad for going back to his formative songs when he was older.

When i see the brother now releasing solo work, i still think the best work they can produce is Noel writing and Liam on lead vocals, it is what is missing from both their new albums.
    That was the thrust of the conclusion - should they have stopped? But at the time, this wasn't mentioned as an option by anyone. It wasn't even a thought.

Be Here Now was awful, and D'Ya Know What I Mean? had two mammoth guitar solos because Noel said they could get away with it. To an extent he was right, in some ways terribly wrong, but that was the mindset at the time. People asked if they could be bigger than the Beatles, or if they already were, not should they quit at the top.

That was the only bit of the documentary that I really questioned. I was amazed they had so much video footage from the pre-DM days.

That was the thrust of the conclusion - should they have stopped? But at the time, this wasn't mentioned as an option by anyone. It wasn't even a thought.

Be Here Now was awful, and D'Ya Know What I Mean? had two mammoth guitar solos because Noel said they could get away with it. To an extent he was right, in some ways terribly wrong, but that was the mindset at the time. People asked if they could be bigger than the Beatles, or if they already were, not should they quit at the top.

That was the only bit of the documentary that I really questioned. I was amazed they had so much video footage from the pre-DM days.
    I agree its a with hindsight conclusion, at the time any new album by them would and did sell millions, the record company would be pushing like crazy to get them to sign a multiple album deal, and the band would have been crazy not to sign one.

As a massive fan I loved it.
    Mainly the quotes.

‘ I got hit with a hammer and it hammered the music into me’ (liam)

‘I can assure you I’ve got an alibi for that day’ (Noel)
    😂😂😂😂

both knobheads? I bet that's exactly what id think most of you lot if I walked passed you down the street - so I guess that's not really a insult or compliment by your standards

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    both knobheads? I bet that's exactly what id think most of you lot if I walked passed you down the street - so I guess that's not really a insult or compliment by your standards
    The "how to make friends and influence people" course not going too well then?

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    I guess this was at me

It wasnt meant to be a Insult of a compliment to be honest, just a observation, watching the program they look like even they would agree with my observation

I thought it was a great documentary. Recalled an exciting time. And I thought Noel was surprisingly honest.

To anyone who enjoyed it, I recommend the Creation/Alan McGee doc too.

Enjoyed it but with a tinge of sadness that it was no longer the mid 90s.

Noel doesn’t come out of it too well to be honest. Plus he’s turned into Bono these days. I’m enjoying Liam’s renaissance tbh.

First two albums were great, still some decent tunes on Be Here Now as well (my big mouth, stand by me, I hope o think i know) but then it went to shit after that. The last 3/4 albums are shite except for the odd song.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought it was a great documentary. Recalled an exciting time. And I thought Noel was surprisingly honest.

To anyone who enjoyed it, I recommend the Creation/Alan McGee doc too.
    this

upside down ? ? ?
    Last edited by blue matt; 09-01-18 at 19:37. Reason: edit, stream infected

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    this

upside down ? ? ?
    Yes. Cracking doc. Especially all the excitement with JAMC. I was at that infamous North London Poly gig.

Not many about now writing that type of British rock sound and lyric ,they were up there with the Kinks , Beatles ,Small Faces , Squeeze and Badfinger in my view

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Enjoyed it but with a tinge of sadness that it was no longer the mid 90s.

Noel doesn’t come out of it too well to be honest. Plus he’s turned into Bono these days. I’m enjoying Liam’s renaissance tbh.

First two albums were great, still some decent tunes on Be Here Now as well (my big mouth, stand by me, I hope o think i know) but then it went to shit after that. The last 3/4 albums are shite except for the odd song.
    Completely agree with that.