+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Toby Young finally gone

Toby Young finally gone

Excruciating to watch really. I can't get my head around it really - who thought it was a good idea to appoint him? Completely unqualified and a well known menace. Small victory for those opposed to cronyism, unless you rely on spiked for your news then it is the 'middle class mob' ruining everyone's fun again.

Re: Toby Young finally gone

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Excruciating to watch really. I can't get my head around it really - who thought it was a good idea to appoint him? Completely unqualified and a well known menace. Small victory for those opposed to cronyism, unless you rely on spiked for your news then it is the 'middle class mob' ruining everyone's fun again.
    Yes that well known anti establishment figure Brendan O’Neil will be apoplectic about this, and will be expressing his anger in his anti mainstream media outlet of Spiked...and the Sun whilst pocketing more of Murdoch’s dough bless him.

Not all bad do the Tories. It is taking attention a away from Ester Mcvay being brought in to head up the dwp. The same Esther Mcvay who said it is right that people use food banks cause there is a deficit to pay down.

Esther Mcvay who gave 10 days notice to a public job that required 3 months notice by contract ( Chair of the British transport police authority) when it was decided she should be parachuted into George Osbornes old safe seat for the 2017 snap election.

Disabled people or anybody unlucky enough to be living on benefits must be wondering whats coming next from this women if her previous is anything to go by.

Horrible twat of a man ! Ferking good riddance to the pervy old git.

C'mon coppers get hold of his laptop.

It's a pity MP's who are currently or past suspended for comments that are equally poor , what usually happens they get caught , then the party annouces internal investigation, it goes on for months, kicked into the long grass , until the impact is lost in the public domain , and I'm not talking just about the usual hated UKIP or Tories MP's .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's a pity MP's who are currently or past suspended for comments that are equally poor , what usually happens they get caught , then the party annouces internal investigation, it goes on for months, kicked into the long grass , until the impact is lost in the public domain , and I'm not talking just about the usual hated UKIP or Tories MP's .
    Lol you are such a clumsy boring WUM these days. I haven't seen one message on here that suggests anything other than disdain for Jared O'Mara or his attitude towards women. The reality is however, a load of people in Sheffield voted for him so there needs to be due process. I would be pretty surprised if he is on the ballot paper next election, Sir Nick might even snatch it back (wouldn't be a bad thing at all)

The real problem I have with Young's appointment is not that he likes to be a knob on twitter but that all it takes for someone to get a prestigious job is to be mates with Bo and Jo the Eton bumboys.

Lol you are such a clumsy boring WUM these days. I haven't seen one message on here that suggests anything other than disdain for Jared O'Mara or his attitude towards women. The reality is however, a load of people in Sheffield voted for him so there needs to be due process. I would be pretty surprised if he is on the ballot paper next election, Sir Nick might even snatch it back (wouldn't be a bad thing at all)

The real problem I have with Young's appointment is not that he likes to be a knob on twitter but that all it takes for someone to get a prestigious job is to be mates with Bo and Jo the Eton bumboys.
    Alledged indiscretions:
    Kelvin Hopkins
    Ivan Lewis.
    Never mind Livingstone and the flagrant religous opinions plus others .

And what was Keith Vaz up to .

Just think we should be even handed when judging people by type.

Alledged indiscretions:
    Kelvin Hopkins
    Ivan Lewis.
    Never mind Livingstone and the flagrant religous opinions plus others .

And what was Keith Vaz up to .

Just think we should be even handed when judging people by type.
    Agreed. I believe I am.

I just think people should get jobs on merit.

Is this how bad it's got?

Is this how bad it's got?
    I think we've got a long way to go until we touch the bottom of this barrel.

Applies to all parties as L on M says above.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I think we've got a long way to go until we touch the bottom of this barrel.

Applies to all parties as L on M says above.
    I mean we can't discuss anything without it becoming party political? This post was supposed to be a critique of the way these kind of appointments are made and justified not a tit for tat Tory this, Labour that.

Sad state of affairs imo

Agreed. I believe I am.

I just think people should get jobs on merit.
    What grates me if I behaved In any way they do I woudl be dismissed and rightly so , not bloody suspended awaiting an inquiry that goes on forever without any dismal or deselection.

I think the right approach way would be all suspensions and reported indiscretions are refereed to an non political body , if found guilty , then they are dismissed without pay or pension , then a by election takes place ,that would bloody stop this arrogance and crap , they think they are beyond approach and we are paying their bloody wages .

Just to get the thread back on track from whataboutery Toiby Young is a complete **** and any reading of his postings should have ensured he never got near the position.

Why does this govt do so many things to give the impression they’re not fully in control and lacking in basic knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Just to get the thread back on track from whataboutery Toiby Young is a complete **** and any reading of his postings should have ensured he never got near the position.

Why does this govt do so many things to give the impression they’re not fully in control and lacking in basic knowledge
    I note the man who put this awful man in the job, has been moved from his role , my view on these appointments is that the background work is not being done properly ,or not being done as they don't care , perhaps they want the chaos that follows ??

As a leader you can't do all this yourself , you have to rely on advisory bodies and people , a lot of these appointments are probably made without your knowledge as a leader ?

Politics is a ugly business, that creates ugly behaviors .

I mean we can't discuss anything without it becoming party political? This post was supposed to be a critique of the way these kind of appointments are made and justified not a tit for tat Tory this, Labour that.

Sad state of affairs imo
    No offense meant but really it is more than one party involved.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    No offense meant but really it is more than one party involved.
    No offense taken as I can't even work out what you mean.

I suppose the line in the post " who thought it was a good idea to hire him " created a political thought and debate , based on the current goverment in power , and the fact the appointment was made by a Tory ,who has since been moved .

Sad state of affairs imo
    Yet sorry about that. I was listening on radio 4 to the guy who oversees and looks into all these appointments. His name escapes me but he said that he's looked into it and that it was a non political board that appointed Young based on the fact he gave a great interview. He was then recommended for the post and duly appointed by Jo Johnson.

He also said that it is usual practice to ask the candidates if they are aware of any previous comments or actions that might cause difficulties in the future. This is supplemented by their own checks but that didn't happen. He added a simple google search would have sufficed in this case. Had it happened Young wouldn't have got near the job. That's the official explanation given.

I'm sure Jo Johnson would know about his previous comments but he was put forward for the post independently so he could appoint him. Obviously doesn't mean that he should have or even done his own checks seen as he's signing off on it but there you go.

Ends in tears.

I suppose the line in the post " who thought it was a good idea to hire him " created a political thought and debate , based on the current goverment in power , and the fact the appointment was made by a Tory ,who has since been moved .
    So we can't objectively discuss anything that could be traced back to the government or conservative party with people derailing the discussion to mention some twerp who likes rent boys because 'hey, that is balance'.

So we can't objectively discuss anything that could be traced back to the government or conservative party with people derailing the discussion to mention some twerp who likes rent boys because 'hey, that is balance'.
    No that is not what i'm saying , I'm just picking out those words that might explain how we got here , no offence or slight intended , seems he was picked by an alleged non political body anyway ,my anger is in the overall protection they all get and the thoughts of some ( not you ) that only the nasty party has problems, bloody system is riddled ,it does surprise me though that the current Labour party who have a greater fairness and sense of justices , doesn't deal with it a little better than they do .

No offense taken as I can't even work out what you mean.
    It's fairly clear that I said it wasn't just Tories but all the rest have skeletons in their cupboards too
    Mr. C. hence it isn't party political tit for tat but they are all at it to a greater or lesser degree.

Again no offence meant.

I wish to go on record that I meant no offence to any individual on this board , or upset anyone's natural party allegiances, just pointing out they are all it , never mind Mr Young , think there are far worse than him in higher office,paid for by us , they are arrogant , well protected, it now appears bullies and sexism is also rife, moved on from expenses scandal some what .