+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stag Do to Edinburgh

Stag Do to Edinburgh

I am organising a stag do (my first one) and we are looking to go to Edinburgh for the weekend.

Interested in any advice or tips that you may have, on the location and organising a trip in general.

One question I have is booking flights, Is it best to try and collect all the money and book everyone's flight for them (i can imagine this being a pain) or give out the details of the flight and everyone books their own seats?

cheers

Re: Stag Do to Edinburgh

Get them to book their own flights. If you're trying to collect money it'll be a nightmare.

You'd need passport details too, so you're guaranteed to be waiting on at least one person (who you've probably never met) that holds everyone up.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Get them to book their own flights. If you're trying to collect money it'll be a nightmare.

You'd need passport details too, so you're guaranteed to be waiting on at least one person (who you've probably never met) that holds everyone up.
    I agree with the above. Collecting money and info is a pain in the rear end and the tickets often rise in cost in the meantime. And if anyone cocks up putting their info in it's their responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I agree with the above. Collecting money and info is a pain in the rear end and the tickets often rise in cost in the meantime. And if anyone cocks up putting their info in it's their responsibility.
    Agree with both the above suggestions except I would book for at least one other. That way if everyone drops out, at least you won't be in your own.

One other suggestion, how about somewhere warm like Spain?

Edinburgh’s a great city for a weekend on the pop. I’d look at renting a flat for the weekend, somewhere like Cowgate or Grassmarket, there are loads to choose from and it’s cheaper and a better laugh when your all in the same digs. And if you didn’t already know, avoid August at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Edinburgh’s a great city for a weekend on the pop. I’d look at renting a flat for the weekend, somewhere like Cowgate or Grassmarket, there are loads to choose from and it’s cheaper and a better laugh when your all in the same digs. And if you didn’t already know, avoid August at all costs.
    Just been looking at group apartments for 15-20 people, wow Edinburgh is expensive, £2000 for two nights most of them, our budget is £60 each

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Just been looking at group apartments for 15-20 people, wow Edinburgh is expensive, £2000 for two nights most of them, our budget is £60 each
    http://www.linwater.co.uk

Don't forget to visit The Burke and Hare pub while you are there, best pub in Edinburgh.

30 went to Benidorm last year. Got more going away this year.

What we've always done is get a price online and take it to a travel agent, the price is all In, date to pay and a cost agreed with travel agent for the package.

Money to be collected by a certain date, anyone who doesn't pay doesn't go. Not hard to say "we will meet up in xxxx pub on xxxx date to hand over money"

Never had a problem doing it this way, maybe it's down to your "mates" if you come across problems.

I am organising a stag do (my first one) and we are looking to go to Edinburgh for the weekend.

Interested in any advice or tips that you may have, on the location and organising a trip in general.

One question I have is booking flights, Is it best to try and collect all the money and book everyone's flight for them (i can imagine this being a pain) or give out the details of the flight and everyone books their own seats?

cheers
    Some of the pubs in Edinburgh can be hard work getting into with such a number of you. Have a visit to Leith for an alternative and a more lively nightlife.

Great city mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    30 went to Benidorm last year. Got more going away this year.

What we've always done is get a price online and take it to a travel agent, the price is all In, date to pay and a cost agreed with travel agent for the package.

Money to be collected by a certain date, anyone who doesn't pay doesn't go. Not hard to say "we will meet up in xxxx pub on xxxx date to hand over money"

Never had a problem doing it this way, maybe it's down to your "mates" if you come across problems.
    The best man normally doesn't know everyone on the stag do, at least unless the groom has a very small circle of friends.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Some of the pubs in Edinburgh can be hard work getting into with such a number of you. Have a visit to Leith for an alternative and a more lively nightlife.

Great city mind.

Leith Dockers Club. Good night in there and very friendly locals

EdinburghBlue would have been the guy to talk to, but he’s either disappeared up Ben Nevis, been eaten by the Loch Ness monster, or choked on a deep fried mars bar!!

The best man normally doesn't know everyone on the stag do, at least unless the groom has a very small circle of friends.
    I met half the lads on the day.

Still, simple ways around these issues if you think about it.

cheers
    Take plenty of that antibacterial hand gel, lots of germs up there especially in the gentlemans clubs

Feedback

Visit the pubic triangle.

The Edinburgh lasses are very friendly, if you get my drift

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Visit the pubic triangle.

The Edinburgh lasses are very friendly, if you get my drift
    Yep, that's where the Burke and Hare is, fantastic neck of the woods.

Accommodation wise, I have found a hostel in 'excellent location' of which you can hire dorm rooms out privately. for example 4 rooms with 4 people in each room. works out at only £15 pp per night.
    avoiding the stereotypes of hostels, as they will be our own rooms, this sound a promising solution to stag do accommodation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Bluebird View Post
    Take plenty of that antibacterial hand gel, lots of germs up there especially in the gentlemans clubs

Shows how long it's been since I went clubbing, hand gel.
    We were lucky to have soap in the haunts I frequented and rarely toilet paper!

Accommodation wise, I have found a hostel in 'excellent location' of which you can hire dorm rooms out privately. for example 4 rooms with 4 people in each room. works out at only £15 pp per night.
    avoiding the stereotypes of hostels, as they will be our own rooms, this sound a promising solution to stag do accommodation?
    We did this in Barcelona a few years ago. Was a really good solution, as at the end of the day, all you really need on a stag do is somewhere to pass out. And if anyone is bit boring then they can have the top bunk and avoid being stepped/pissed/puked on at 6am when the rest come back in.

cheers
    The second one is always better, as long as the divorce hasn't rinsed your bank account too much.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I

Leith Dockers Club. Good night in there and very friendly locals
    The Port of Leith pub is more than worth a visit on a Friday/Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Shows how long it's been since I went clubbing, hand gel.
    We were lucky to have soap in the haunts I frequented and rarely toilet paper!
    Seriously the lassies in the type of clubs we like to visit on a stag do carry many a McGerm

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I met half the lads on the day.

Still, simple ways around these issues if you think about it.
    What's the simple way around getting someone you've never met to send you money?

Is it as simple as saying "everyone books their own flights"?

What's the simple way around getting someone you've never met to send you money?

Is it as simple as saying "everyone books their own flights"?
    You buy their flights, they pay for your lady action. Simples