+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock on potential Man City clash

Warnock on potential Man City clash

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42632297

Also goes to mention the showing on Saturday was piss poor from the fans. Though I'm sure we would get 30k in for Man City if we do the job at Mansfield.

Re: Warnock on potential Man City clash

He’s got some nerve having a go at the fans turning up for a competition he said he couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed for last season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s got some nerve having a go at the fans turning up for a competition he said he couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed for last season.
    Very true.

On the other hand, 6,000, including a thousand away fans, with reduced entrance charges is pretty pathetic for a side that has been in the top three of the Championship for about 95 per cent of the season.

He didn't have a go. He said 6,000 fans was a low key afternoon atmosphere-wise. And he's right, it was.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    On the other hand, 6,000, including a thousand away fans, with reduced entrance charges is pretty pathetic for a side that has been in the top three of the Championship for about 95 per cent of the season.
    I don’t know why people get so hung up on attendances. As long as you go and enjoy yourself what does it matter if someonelse choose to spend their Saturday afternoon doing something else?

I think 4 spineless defeats on the trot would have made a few decide against going. I was there with my boy but almost wished I hadn't gone, it was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think 4 spineless defeats on the trot would have made a few decide against going. I was there with my boy but almost wished I hadn't gone, it was that bad.
    Our crowds were poor though when we were winning four and five matches on the trot. Yet, we beat Mansfield on Tuesday and then so many of those who find excuses for not going to league games will, miraculously, discover that they'll be able to go to the Man City game whether it's played on a Friday night, Saturday morning, lunchtime, afternoon or evening, Sunday morning, lunchtime, afternoon or evening or Monday night!

I don’t know why people get so hung up on attendances. As long as you go and enjoy yourself what does it matter if someonelse choose to spend their Saturday afternoon doing something else?
    Do people think that those who didn't attend will changed their behaviour after being harangued?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42632297

Also goes to mention the showing on Saturday was piss poor from the fans. Though I'm sure we would get 30k in for Man City if we do the job at Mansfield.
    Not so sure we would even get 30,000 even if we beat Mansfield, which of course we won’t being Cardiff City. It’s not even worth talking about. I think football fans in this area aren’t so fussed on football anymore

Our crowds were poor though when we were winning four and five matches on the trot. Yet, we beat Mansfield on Tuesday and then so many of those who find excuses for not going to league games will, miraculously, discover that they'll be able to go to the Man City game whether it's played on a Friday night, Saturday morning, lunchtime, afternoon or evening, Sunday morning, lunchtime, afternoon or evening or Monday night!
    They are mainly going to watch Man City play. If there was a Gloria’s Utd new team formed by glory hunting fans who live nowhere near the team they proclaim to support them they would surely base it in Cardiff, the spiritual home of the g Hunter. Newport is far worse but it doesn’t even come in the radar of anything.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not so sure we would even get 30,000 even if we beat Mansfield, which of course we won’t being Cardiff City. It’s not even worth talking about. I think football fans in this area aren’t so fussed on football anymore
    I don't think that's true, Wales sold out just about every game in the last qualifying campaign.

shit football = less fans turn out, and why?! ...because people follow sports for ENTERTAINMENT

Yeah, I'm one of them. I am a season ticket holder and attend league games but I chose to forgo the time and expense of schlepping up to Cardiff and back to see Mansfield - but I probably would have made the effort if the opposition was Man City. People make their own decisions about how they prioritise their budget and time and other people thinking that we are obliged to do what they choose to do is rather amusing and unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    He didn't have a go. He said 6,000 fans was a low key afternoon atmosphere-wise. And he's right, it was.
    He is spot on , and last year he just delivered a view on what 80 % of City fans were thinking , otherwise it would be rammed to the rafters , in the earlier rounds, the game he was referring too was a stupid o'clock time and day, and guess what I was in bed ,the Cup is no longer something that attracts unless your a lower league side drawing a giant, or its a quarter final onwards game .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Yeah, I'm one of them. I am a season ticket holder and attend league games but I chose to forgo the time and expense of schlepping up to Cardiff and back to see Mansfield - but I probably would have made the effort if the opposition was Man City. People make their own decisions about how they prioritise their budget and time and other people thinking that we are obliged to do what they choose to do is rather amusing and unrealistic.
    The clue is in the name with you though isn't it. Our crowds aren't so poor because the relatively small number of fans who live around a hundred miles or from Cardiff decide that they can't get to every game are they? It's the locals who can't be arsed that have caused our crowds to be something of a joke for a club that has been in the top three for so long and no doubt they'll be the first ones moaning if we don't go up and we start to struggle in the league on the back of the loss of parachute payments and poor season ticket sales.

The clue is in the name with you though isn't it. Our crowds aren't so poor because the relatively small number of fans who live around a hundred miles or from Cardiff decide that they can't get to every game are they? It's the locals who can't be arsed that have caused our crowds to be something of a joke for a club that has been in the top three for so long and no doubt they'll be the first ones moaning if we don't go up and we start to struggle in the league on the back of the loss of parachute payments and poor season ticket sales.
    But people are free to make their choices and criticising them is totally pointless.

I don't think that's true, Wales sold out just about every game in the last qualifying campaign.
    Using the Welsh national teams attendances is not going to help your argument.

I'm sure the principalitys attendances will be back down to the usual 15k.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Using the Welsh national teams attendances is not going to help your argument.
    Why?

There'll be a great atmosphere - no disrespect to our fans, but 6,000 in our stadium was really a low-key afternoon atmosphere-wise.

Hardly having a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    But people are free to make their choices and criticising them is totally pointless.
    In your opinion, I'll stick to mine though.

Why?
    I've replied to your post without reading context properly. For some reason I interpreted it as wales have a loyal fanbase. I withdraw comment as I was wrong

Still higher than our fa Cup attendances over the previous 3 campaigns though. Our attendances are what they are nowadays. No point getting angry. The atmosphere is usually poor with 20k plus in the ground so can't see how much of a boost it would give the players anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Still higher than our fa Cup attendances over the previous 3 campaigns though. Our attendances are what they are nowadays. No point getting angry. The atmosphere is usually poor with 20k plus in the ground so can't see how much of a boost it would give the players anyway.
    The atmosphere wasnt poor (it was excellent) when we played Leeds and Villa earlier in the season and wont be again when Bristol, Wolves, Middlesborough and Birmingham visit later in the season. All 20000+ gates. Not bad for such a 'poorly supported' club.