+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Madine bid rejected

Madine bid rejected

Also says we’re after Grabban

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42637651

Re: Madine bid rejected

So they basically repeated the local rumours and ignored the reported news that Wolves aren't looking at Grabban.

Seems local media ineptitude is spreading.

I'm more concerned with the midfield situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I'm more concerned with our shit tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    j

Correct.
    But if we’re looking at Madine and his calibre Warnock is preparing for life in the Championship next season. He’s also stated that he’s looking for 2 strikers, but may not bring anyone in at all.
    Make of that what you like.

Is Madine any better than Pilkington.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    j

Correct.
    But if we’re looking at Madine and his calibre Warnock is preparing for life in the Championship next season. He’s also stated that he’s looking for 2 strikers, but may not bring anyone in at all.
    Make of that what you like.
    Being canny

Thank God the bid for Madine was rejected. He's old and has a dubious personal record. But Grabban I'd take over him any day.

What an uninspiring signing that would be. Meh.

He’s shite

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Thank God the bid for Madine was rejected. He's old and has a dubious personal record. But Grabban I'd take over him any day.
    Bournemouth paid £8 million for Grabban
    The transfer happened after Grabban walked out on Norwich for a week after refusing to play for them to push through the transfer
    Bournemouth will want at least £3 million I'd have guessed - I've seen people throwing £5 million around

I just can't see it happening - I also think Grabban comes across as a Big Time Charlie who isn't as good as he thinks he is

We don't have a pot to wee in and we need a midfielder desperately

Anything we have will be spent on a loan fee for a premier league midfielder and a back up striker now Ward is out

Unless we sell Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    The transfer happened after Grabban walked out on Norwich for a week after refusing to play for them to push through the transfer
    Bournemouth will want at least £3 million I'd have guessed - I've seen people throwing £5 million around

I just can't see it happening - I also think Grabban comes across as a Big Time Charlie who isn't as good as he thinks he is

Anything we have will be spent on a loan fee for a premier league midfielder and a back up striker now Ward is out

Unless we sell Zohore
    Who’s going to buy Zohore? And for what price? His stock is nowhere near as high as it was in the summer.

Agreed on Grabban coming across as Charlie Big Spuds.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Unless we sell Zohore
    I'd take Grabbham over Madine and also over nobody.

He has got a decent record in front of goal and for a struggling Sunderland side. However, I wasn't impressed with him against us up there and a lot of their fans say he's lazy.

Is Madine any better than Bogle or Pilks? Grabban has proved himself in Championship but will Warnock sort out his attitude, unable to get Tomlin firing as yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He’s shite
    on what authority?

Madine's not worth over a million sovs. Even in January.