yes life on mars great news but lets look at why

on the face of it manufacturing is booming right now and has been for the last 5 years . the 2 major industries that has seen massive growth is aerospace and the automotive industries . can't speak for the aerospace industry but i can for the automotive industry . been working in the industry for the last 4 years and all the main players in this area are concentrated in the midlands . every single car manufacturer in that area is now full with workers from eastern european countries . the last place i worked 90 per cent were eastern european and you could only get a job through an agency

sounds great doesen't when you say manufacturing is booming in the uk with record output but the majority of people that actually that assemble cars and parts are non british . perhaps this is the reason the uk voted out with brexit ?

to me the only way to keep manufacturing in good shape all the supply chains that the automotive industry rely on from abroad is to move them to the uk then we will see a real manufacturing base in our country than just an assembly manufacturing country . the devalue of the pound makes this a real possibilty then we can see a real uk manufacturing base in the uk then we can invest in young people to take on real engineering apprenticeships giving youngsters a life long free of debt

as for engineers the uk lost 15 years where the uk didn't invest at all so now all the major players are crying they don't have enough qualified engineers in this country . i blame all the government parties for this when all manufacturing was shipped out to low cost countries now we have an upsurge in this country . as this is my area i could go on forever what's wrong with manufacturing in this country but i don't want to bore you to death !

no doubt electric cars will now have a massive effect in jobs by losing and creating thousands of jobs in the car industry . nobody knows what's going to happen in reality . i,m not too concerned with robots in manufacturing as they have been used for the last 30 years but i can see people working in general office work and retail a massive change