+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Business startup funding/grants

Business startup funding/grants

Font of all knowledge

I am in the process of starting up my own little business in the area of construction surveys/inspections I have skills as I have worked for someone in this field for the last 2 years, but feel I can vastly improve his services and I see a different long term future.

however I am only contracted 20 hours a week in my current job, and have bills, so can not seem to ever get the funds to pay for myself to complete the accredited qualifications needed to set up on my own. (£1800 total)

Does anyone know if any finance support/funding is available for me to complete the courses.
    I have checked the WAGS business wales websites and they just link me to hundreds of bank overdraft options from banks all over the world?

was hoping there was a particular niche grant available that I seem to be missing?
    cheers.

Re: Business startup funding/grants

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Font of all knowledge

I am in the process of starting up my own little business in the area of construction surveys/inspections I have skills as I have worked for someone in this field for the last 2 years, but feel I can vastly improve his services and I see a different long term future.

however I am only contracted 20 hours a week in my current job, and have bills, so can not seem to ever get the funds to pay for myself to complete the accredited qualifications needed to set up on my own. (£1800 total)

Does anyone know if any finance support/funding is available for me to complete the courses.
    I have checked the WAGS business wales websites and they just link me to hundreds of bank overdraft options from banks all over the world?

was hoping there was a particular niche grant available that I seem to be missing?
    cheers.
    This may be a possibility https://www.gov.uk/career-development-loans

Re: Business startup funding/grants

The Princess trust do loans/grants Have a look. They help start ups. You should ring them because they will know who can help you if they can't. Good luck.