+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canary incoming..

Re: Canary incoming..

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm sure everyone would agree with that. But that doesn't make this a bad signing (if it is confirmed). The No 1 priority is a central midfielder (two would be better). The No 2 priority is a striker (unless Ken and Omar return to peak fitness straight away, which looks unlikely). But another wide player is probably No 3 priority (unless it is a left back) given the continuing injury problems Kadeem Harris has and the loss of form/confidence in NML. I'm sure Warnock would like to make his signings in priority order, but that may not be possible. I doubt it signals any change in his view about what he needs - certainly not that a winger is a substitute for a central midfielder.
    Exactly, we need bodies all over the pitch so I'm hopeful this could be a good deal for us.

I'm sure everyone would agree with that. But that doesn't make this a bad signing (if it is confirmed). The No 1 priority is a central midfielder (two would be better). The No 2 priority is a striker (unless Ken and Omar return to peak fitness straight away, which looks unlikely). But another wide player is probably No 3 priority (unless it is a left back) given the continuing injury problems Kadeem Harris has and the loss of form/confidence in NML. I'm sure Warnock would like to make his signings in priority order, but that may not be possible. I doubt it signals any change in his view about what he needs - certainly not that a winger is a substitute for a central midfielder.
    Absolutely agree.

And we can't miss out on potential players just because we don't sign them.in order

I can’t remember us having a dominating midfield since Scimeca and McPhail.
    We’ve been pretty weak in that area for years.
    It wasn’t great under Mackay either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Oh yes Scimeca and McPhail , great a passers as well ,something even the mighty Gunnerson seems not to reach

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Seems it's already in the press this morning, too.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/c...itch-1-5350228
    If he's not injured or in court , I'm simply not interested , I think our scouts should sit outside law courts and hospitals and nab em, as they come out , just look at the value we have had from Camp , its been outstanding , he's certainly got good value from us

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh yes Scimeca and McPhail , great a passers as well ,something even the mighty Gunnerson seems not to reach
    Yes and Scimeca got injured and things went downhill that season. Hell of a player.

2010–2011 FC Zwolle 33 (3)
    2011–2013 VVV-Venlo 61 (8)
    2013–2014 SC Heerenveen 22 (2)
    2014 → ADO Den Haag (loan) 7 (0)
    2014–2016 Middlesbrough 12 (2)
    2015–2016 → Wigan Athletic (loan) 13 (2)
    2016–2017 Wigan Athletic 46 (10)
    2017– Norwich City 15 (2)
    National team
    2012–2013 Netherlands U21 10 (0)

Not a very exciting prospect

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Kadeem Harris played forty five minutes for the Under 23s around a month ago, but I've barely heard his name mentioned since then - hope I'm wrong, but I suspect another injury setback for him.
    This chap only ever watches the waifs and strays.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    He's probably been watching you for some time then.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If he's not injured or in court , I'm simply not interested , I think our scouts should sit outside law courts and hospitals and nab em, as they come out , just look at the value we have had from Camp , its been outstanding , he's certainly got good value from us
    Hahahahahahahahahahah

:-/

I think this may mean we are cashing in on someone...Hoilet maybe?

decent author though!

At least he’s not fecking Oirish.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    McPhail😀😀😀. That wouldn’t be the same player who couldn’t hit a barn door from three yards, gave away outrageous free kicks which were always, always punished, and got himself sent off in so many games which then became game changing???????

McPhail������. That wouldn’t be the same player who couldn’t hit a barn door from three yards, gave away outrageous free kicks which were always, always punished, and got himself sent off in so many games which then became game changing???????
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43MdxB-mykg

Yeah this one

When you putting up your Roker Roar prediction Cedric?

Not that we don't know what it's going to be already

McPhail������. That wouldn’t be the same player who couldn’t hit a barn door from three yards, gave away outrageous free kicks which were always, always punished, and got himself sent off in so many games which then became game changing???????
    Give it a rest FFS

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43MdxB-mykg

Yeah this one

When you putting up your Roker Roar prediction Cedric?

Not that we don't know what it's going to be already
    Only goal wasn’t it? Apparently, Charlie Adam sends him a Christmas hamper every year after the play off final😀. Also recall: 1. Marching orders against the Jacks when we were winning and ended up hanging on for a draw. 2. Daft free kick against PNE to gift them last minute equaliser. 3. Insane defensive header at Hawthorns to set up last minute equaliser for the Baggies. I’ve got more of these, but 3-1 is current score😀

Only goal wasn’t it? Apparently, Charlie Adam sends him a Christmas hamper every year after the play off final��. Also recall: 1. Marching orders against the Jacks when we were winning and ended up hanging on for a draw. 2. Daft free kick against PNE to gift them last minute equaliser. 3. Insane defensive header at Hawthorns to set up last minute equaliser for the Baggies. I’ve got more of these, but 3-1 is current score��
    Not sure about the score but we should defer to you as a distinguished former member of the Royal Signals when it comes to knowledge of marching orders.

You must be thinking of a different Steve McPhail. The one I remember features in this 'dream Cardiff City XI' picked by Peter Whittingham and David Marshall in 2016:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...237#r3z-addoor

You must be thinking of a different Steve McPhail. The one I remember features in this 'dream Cardiff City XI' picked by Peter Whittingham and David Marshall in 2016:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...237#r3z-addoor
    Care to challenge any of my examples? No, thought not.

Care to f*ck off or be banned again? No, thought not.

He got sent off in 4 league games for us.

Twice in 06/07
    Colchester 3-1 Cardiff (McPhail sent off in the 90th minute) - Hardly game changing.

Stoke 3-0 Cardiff (McPhail sent off 85th minute) - We were 3-0 down after 65 mins, again, hardly game changing.

08/09
    Swansea 2-2 Cardiff (McPhail sent off 51st minute) - This possibly was game changing as I fancied us to win after going 2-1 up then Swansea equalised.

09/10
    Reading 0-1 Cardiff (McPhail sent off 75th minute) - We won, didn’t change the game.

So 1 out of his 4 was probably game changing.

McPhail😀😀😀. That wouldn’t be the same player who couldn’t hit a barn door from three yards, gave away outrageous free kicks which were always, always punished, and got himself sent off in so many games which then became game changing???????
    You wouldnt know a good player if one walked behind you and slapped you on the back of the neck. Macphail was a playmaker, not a goal scorer but scored 12 goals in total in his first team career of 427 games over 20 years. He played in the Premier League for Leeds and was instrumental in Barnsley getting to the Premier League as well. He played 190 games for City over 6 years. During his time here he also suffered a serious illness (lymphoma) and missed large parts of two seasons as a result. He was one of the main players for us in our efforts to get in the Premier League, which were ultimately successful. He is also a Republic of Ireland full international. You dont get to achieve what he did without being a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You wouldnt know a good player if one walked behind you and slapped you on the back of the neck. Macphail was a playmaker, not a goal scorer but scored 12 goals in total in his first team career of 427 games over 20 years. He played in the Premier League for Leeds and was instrumental in Barnsley getting to the Premier League as well. He played 190 games for City over 6 years. During his time here he also suffered a serious illness (lymphoma) and missed large parts of two seasons as a result. He was one of the main players for us in our efforts to get in the Premier League, which were ultimately successful. He is also a Republic of Ireland full international. You dont get to achieve what he did without being a good player.
    Mcphail was class, Chopra wouldn't have scored so many goals without him then later whitts