+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canary incoming..

Canary incoming..

and it's not Jerome..

Apparently

Re: Canary incoming..

Seems it's already in the press this morning, too.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/c...itch-1-5350228

Exclusive: Canaries winger set for January loan switch to Championship rivals

Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut is poised for a January loan move to Championship promotion-chasers Cardiff.

First I’ve seen him mentioned. If it comes off it’ll show just how out of tune our media is at the moment. They are banging on about the same couple of names with little or no conviction.

Looks very effective in League One in 15/16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR5Ig3VTiDQ

Has he tweeted yet?

The general consensus on the Norwich message boards is that he is very direct, with good pace, but very little end product.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The general consensus on the Norwich message boards is that he is very direct, with good pace, but very little end product.

Which is why he plays in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    We're desperate for someone to drag us up the field, much like NML was earlier in the season.

Hopefully the spark we need.

No doubt we're in for a couple of others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Hence he is not wanted by Norwich? Hopefully our Neil can work some magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Occasionally.

All of which begs the question why did we extend Feeney's loan?

Are we actually looking for a central midfielder?
    We are desperately lacking in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    My thoughts exactly, we dont need a winger, we a striker to push Ken / Bogle and we need another Gunnarson in midfield.

More than anything else though - we need a different approach to games - weve been sussed out in our present format
    We do need another winger. NML looks shot, he needs a break. If he's out, its Feeney. We need someone to stretch the pitch. We also need a CM and a striker, no doubt but we need options wide.

Yes.

However, it has to be the right player. We could probably snap someone up now if we wanted to, only to see the player we really want move on elsewhere.

We've only got a limited amount of funds; if we make the wrong move, we're not going to be able to sign another.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    All of which begs the question why did we extend Feeney's loan?
    Because he will sit on the bench, or in the stands and not complain. The fact he cant beat a man, creates no chances, makes no assists and is a league 1 footballer at best is null and void apparently.

Thankfully we have enough points on the board already because hes the championship Steven Caulker when it comes to playing for relegated teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We do need another winger. NML looks shot, he needs a break. If he's out, its Feeney. We need someone to stretch the pitch. We also need a CM and a striker, no doubt but we need options wide.
    Kadeem Harris played forty five minutes for the Under 23s around a month ago, but I've barely heard his name mentioned since then - hope I'm wrong, but I suspect another injury setback for him.

Exactly. This is our priority area.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Kadeem Harris played forty five minutes for the Under 23s around a month ago, but I've barely heard his name mentioned since then - hope I'm wrong, but I suspect another injury setback for him.
    He is having injections for a groin injury apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Because he will sit on the bench, or in the stands and not complain. The fact he cant beat a man, creates no chances, makes no assists and is a league 1 footballer at best is null and void apparently.

Thankfully we have enough points on the board already because hes the championship Steven Caulker when it comes to playing for relegated teams.
    Get your facts straight, know all. Your argument is totally shot to pieces by the fact that Feeney created (beating two men and crossing for) and laid on the goal Ward scored at Fulham this season. You just dont like him. He may not be a regular starter but is a good back up player to have at this level.

I think we need someone who can do things in the centre of the field more than a winger.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    NW says he's having injections, I think we'll be lucky to see him at all this season. Wildschut was bought for £7m less than 12 months ago, so someone (Alex Neil) thought he was pretty handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I think we need someone who can do things in the centre of the field more than a winger.
    I'm sure everyone would agree with that. But that doesn't make this a bad signing (if it is confirmed). The No 1 priority is a central midfielder (two would be better). The No 2 priority is a striker (unless Ken and Omar return to peak fitness straight away, which looks unlikely). But another wide player is probably No 3 priority (unless it is a left back) given the continuing injury problems Kadeem Harris has and the loss of form/confidence in NML. I'm sure Warnock would like to make his signings in priority order, but that may not be possible. I doubt it signals any change in his view about what he needs - certainly not that a winger is a substitute for a central midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm sure everyone would agree with that. But that doesn't make this a bad signing (if it is confirmed). The No 1 priority is a central midfielder (two would be better). The No 2 priority is a striker (unless Ken and Omar return to peak fitness straight away, which looks unlikely). But another wide player is probably No 3 priority (unless it is a left back) given the continuing injury problems Kadeem Harris has and the loss of form/confidence in NML. I'm sure Warnock would like to make his signings in priority order, but that may not be possible. I doubt it signals any change in his view about what he needs - certainly not that a winger is a substitute for a central midfielder.
    Agreed