+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Type 2 Diabetes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Type 2 Diabetes

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Diets are diets and they are fine, however you should probably trust serious medically backed research if trying to fight disease rather than dietitians and quacks with flaky research that they crow barred in to make it look like science. Not than anybody here said that, just underlying that difference.

People can suffer with the onset of diabetes for 10 years or more before being properly diagnosed. Those that go so long normally have a stroke 1st! Whilst you can not reverse or improve your insulin levels by a diet and exercise, obviously improving your diet and exercise means the insulin levels you produce are sufficient to tackle the blood sugar levels.

For all those coconut oil lovers, this is a fantastic documentary that is on Youtube. For a revolutionary anarchist like myself its where i am going to retire too, if the diabetes doesn't kill me first.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coconut_Revolution

The Coconut Revolution is a 2001 multi-award winning documentary film about the struggle of the indigenous peoples of Bougainville Island during the Bougainville Civil War. The movement is described as the "world's first successful eco-revolution"

Good post,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Too much misinformation here.

"I've never had diabetes". - implies you think this thing comes and goes.

Maybe coconut oil works for you, but it isn't sensible to recommend it as a way of controlling insulin and fighting diabetes. There are not many studies on the long term effects of coconut oil. You should probably stop eating meat if you are using coconut oil.
    I don't eat meat, cheese and coconut oil are the only fats I have.

"I've never had diabetes". - implies you think this thing comes and goes.

That's not what I said at all, I just meant I'm surprised I haven't got it, I didn't say anything about it coming and going.

"Although diabetics are encouraged to avoid or limit fats and especially saturated fats from animal products, experts are now telling us that coconut oil is one fat that can safely help regulate blood glucose levels and protect against insulin resistance."
    https://www.healthcentral.com/articl...l-and-diabetes

Why not google 'Coconut Oil for Diabetes' or go on some of the forums and see what diabetics are saying, if you look on pet forums you will also find that people are treating dogs with diabetes with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I don't eat meat, cheese and coconut oil are the only fats I have.

Why not google 'Coconut Oil for Diabetes' or go on some of the forums and see what diabetics are saying, if you look on pet forums you will also find that people are treating dogs with diabetes with it too.
    Therefore, it is not wise for you to recommend coconut oil to people who may be getting saturated fats from meat.

I have googled "Coconut oil for diabetes", and there is not a peer-reviewed study out there. There's a hell of a lot of p-hacking though, and there's also a lot of anecdotal evidence. But, no peer-reviewed study. Until we have one, such Google searches are going to come back with misinformation.

Also, just because people are giving it to dogs, it isn't really enough to convince me that we should be recommending it to human beings. It's a shame because it would be a cheaper option for the NHS. I wonder why they aren't rolling it out?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Therefore, it is not wise for you to recommend coconut oil to people who may be getting saturated fats from meat.

I have googled "Coconut oil for diabetes", and there is not a peer-reviewed study out there. There's a hell of a lot of p-hacking though, and there's also a lot of anecdotal evidence. But, no peer-reviewed study. Until we have one, such Google searches are going to come back with misinformation.

Also, just because people are giving it to dogs, it isn't really enough to convince me that we should be recommending it to human beings. It's a shame because it would be a cheaper option for the NHS. I wonder why they aren't rolling it out?
    Do you read all of the posts in a thread? you must have missed where I said: "Obviously I'm not an expert and I'm not telling anyone what to do, I'm just saying what has been working for me"

I did not say because people are giving it to dogs we should give it to humans I just meant if people are interested in the subject they might want to read about how it's now being used on animals.

As for the NHS, coconut oil is a natural product so I don't think it can be patented by big pharma in it's current form, I doubt the NHS will be dishing it out until they have genetically modified in some way.

Anything else you want to pick at? I've had nothing but negativity since I've started this diet anyway, despite being 90lbs down, looking and feeling healthier than I have in 30 years people are still determined to make me feel shit about it, I'm past caring now tbh.