+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Type 2 Diabetes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Type 2 Diabetes

I note there is no reference to insulin resistance in this thread which is very pertinent to the overweight.

It probably hasn't helped that most doctors couldn't diagnose diabetes up till ten years ago if you presented them with a list of symptoms and a diabetic encyclopaedia. I was lucky that after presenting classic diabetic symptoms for 20 years I went to a nurse for a blood pressure check. She had just come off a diabetic course and recognised the symptoms. Sure enough she tested my blood sugars which were off the scale and appropriate treatment could start. It took a while before a doctor realised that I was taking an industrial dose of insulin with no effect on my blood sugars, only on the blood/bruises where I was injecting myself.

Those of you who don't take sugar with your cereals should check up how much natural sugar is in your milk.

Re: Type 2 Diabetes

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    I note there is no reference to insulin resistance in this thread which is very pertinent to the overweight.

It probably hasn't helped that most doctors couldn't diagnose diabetes up till ten years ago if you presented them with a list of symptoms and a diabetic encyclopaedia. I was lucky that after presenting classic diabetic symptoms for 20 years I went to a nurse for a blood pressure check. She had just come off a diabetic course and recognised the symptoms. Sure enough she tested my blood sugars which were off the scale and appropriate treatment could start. It took a while before a doctor realised that I was taking an industrial dose of insulin with no effect on my blood sugars, only on the blood/bruises where I was injecting myself.

Those of you who don't take sugar with your cereals should check up how much natural sugar is in your milk.
    That's why I only use cream these days.