+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Type 2 Diabetes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Type 2 Diabetes

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Coconut oil helps control blood sugar and insulin levels, I'm not diabetic but I know from experience in the last few months it has helped me change the way I eat dramatically, I was all over the place before, I used to binge eat and eat crap all the time, I'm surprised that I never had Diabetes tbh.
    I have mine in the morning but if you have it with carbs they are broken down into glucose more slowly so your sugar levels remain steady even after you have eaten, I feel in control now, I don't have any cravings, I'm not hungry.

I wont even go in to some of the terrible habits I had before

I'm not even on a strict keto diet, I just have the oil with my own made up diet and that's working for me (88lbs now), do you feel well on it? I feel great!

More good news..

Ketogenic Diets Have "Profound Effect on Brain Function," Studies Find
    http://bigthink.com/21st-century-spi...ity-and-memory
    Though I'm glad your diet works for you I looked into the claims you made about coconut oil when you last mentioned this and it appears to be the latest health fad.I would imagine that your success is down to watching what you eat more than the properties of coconut oil and therein lies the success of your diet methinks.I have been a type 1 diabetic since I was 26(now 60)and asked all the healthcare professionals I could corner about the benefits of coconut oil,none were positive but all said that theres no magic fix other than the amount of food you intake,counting your carbs and takeing some exercise.
    Last edited by sneggyblubird; 12-01-18 at 14:47. Reason: addon