Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I really need to to lose weight and have decided to have a proper go at doing so this year. I don't have have diabetes, but, like Mrs Steve R, am somewhat surprised that I don't do so, because, in many ways, I seem a natural candidate for it. I had made up my mind that I would try a soup and smoothies diet, but I'd be interested in hearing more about coconut oil - it seems that the oil helps with the weight loss process, but doesn't cause it, so how would your eating habits change if you started using it?
Look into keto diets. No beer, sugar, bread or potatoes. But as much meat, eggs, butter, cream and cheese as you want. And you can still drink spirits. Scotch and soda is my tipple now. It's relatively easy to stick to. The only problem for me is eating out or ordering lunch. If I forget or neglect to pack myself a lunch, I usually order an omelette. One of the great things that I have found is that I don't have to eat extra food to compensate for the carbs. So for example, I just eat the omelette with no home fries or toast and I'm still satisfied.