+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New signing this week unlikely

New signing this week unlikely

Warnock on Talkshite (via WOL):

Neil Warnock has given an interview to TalkSport, and the Yorkshireman has revealed he was confident of making an addition to his squad this week, although the move didn’t materialise.

Here’s what he had to say.

“We’re a bit short of strikers when you look at our opposition, most of them have got four or five to choose from and we’re a bit thin in that respect.

“I’m trying to bring two or three players in, I keep hitting a brick wall here and there. I’m optimistic in the next couple of weeks we can do something, I was hoping I could get somebody in this week but it’s not really materialised so we’ve just got to keep plugging away.”

Neil Warnock

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...mours-14138931

Maybe the talk about Yanic Wildschut is ahead of itself?

Re: New signing this week unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Neil Warnock has given an interview to TalkSport, and the Yorkshireman has revealed he was confident of making an addition to his squad this week, although the move didn’t materialise.

“We’re a bit short of strikers when you look at our opposition, most of them have got four or five to choose from and we’re a bit thin in that respect.

“I’m trying to bring two or three players in, I keep hitting a brick wall here and there. I’m optimistic in the next couple of weeks we can do something, I was hoping I could get somebody in this week but it’s not really materialised so we’ve just got to keep plugging away.”

Neil Warnock

Or maybe Wales Online and others made it up because they havent really got a clue what is going on ?.

Bit worrying as some of our rivals have brought players in already. Sheff Uts have brought 3 players in and it seems Leeds have strengthened quickly. I thought with our acute injury woes we would have brought players in in the early part of the window.
    Spedger

Neil Warnock

Wildshit was wide of the mark then ?

Neil Warnock

Been held up due to an issue with Norwich's replacement. Could still happen tomorrow, should still happen when things are sorted from the Norwich end.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Been held up due to an issue with Norwich's replacement. Could still happen tomorrow, should still happen when things are sorted from the Norwich end.
    I suspected that was the reason for the delay.
    Needs to happen by 12pm tomorrow for him to be eligible to play v Sunderland, so I dont think we should hold our breath.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Or maybe Wales Online and others made it up because they havent really got a clue what is going on ?.
    WoL didn't have the Wildschut reveal. Norwich press did.

Still not stopped WoL tweeting about him 15 times today with no actual news in the article they link to.

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityLive

The clickbait and repetitive nature of that Twitterfeed is unbelievable.

Ccfcwelshlad always a good source.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    WoL didn't have the Wildschut reveal. Norwich press did.

Still not stopped WoL tweeting about him 15 times today with no actual news in the article they link to.

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityLive

The clickbait and repetitive nature of that Twitterfeed is unbelievable.
    Just to add the click bait is continuing even as I speak. Must be taking lessons from the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Just to add the click bait is continuing even as I speak. Must be taking lessons from the dark side.

Lol