+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Ralls - by The Secret Scout

Joe Ralls - by The Secret Scout

Sorry linking to the Daily M**l

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-midfield.html

'Joe Ralls is a vital engine in Cardiff City's midfield and is a steady influence in a fast-intensity team'

WHAT HAS HE GOT?

As Cardiff push for promotion to the Premier League, a vital engine in their busy midfield is this stylish 24-year-old.

Much has been suggested about the Neil Warnock way of playing over the years, but Ralls's character and ability attracts the ball as he works box to box to defend and attack.

This attractive left-footer has waited patiently during the management tenures of Slade, Solskjaer and Mackay, and now that he is established, I like the way he knows naturally when to hold and when to push forward.

When I saw him he was always looking over his shoulder and was aware of his colleagues from his left-centre midfield position. He will make good forward runs so he is difficult to pin down. He also has good power in his shooting.

Interestingly, when a team-mate failed with a free-kick, Ralls was then given responsibility. Many would think it would be difficult for him to adapt to Cardiff's style of play but he is the vital link and a steady influence in a fast intensity team.

WHAT DOES HE NEED?

He has not got the pace to get behind his immediate opponent but he more than compensates for this with his long and short passing. He is making his mark in a team who like to play forward early.

If he does come short and doesn't receive, he will spin forwards to support the longer pass. He has matured with age and after beginning at Aldershot and having a spell at Yeovil on loan, it has taken him a while to be accepted.

But he now gives the impression that in a side who played a more considered passing game he would be able to maximise his improvement. For the moment he is showcasing his calm football brain and intelligent movement in South Wales.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz53vStpADV
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Re: Joe Ralls - by The Secret Scout

I think that is a fair assessment - many City fans will only realise how good Ralls is when he's no longer a City player.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think that is a fair assessment - many City fans will only realise how good Ralls is when he's no longer a City player.
    Many City fans have had the same problem with a lot of our players over the last few years!

Ralls has really impressed me this season and was much improved after NW arrived last season. Up until that time he wasn't at Championship level. Long may it continue. Would be good if we had a real pacey, creative midfielder in the middle with him. Hope he puts his mark on tomorrow's game.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    been saying this for years

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Many City fans have had the same problem with a lot of our players over the last few years!
    I put it down to the untrained eye , you have fans cooing because Tomlin does a step over and then nothing much more for 20 minutes , he's great they cry ,why do we drop him , whilst Ralls punches his weight for 90 minutes ,struggles to prop up a depleted midfield,nope you cant win with some .