+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales interview Ryan giggs.

Re: Wales interview Ryan giggs.

Faw are God awful.

Sooner they slowly get rid of all the old farts in charge, the better.

1 by one...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Faw are God awful.

Sooner they slowly get rid of all the old farts in charge, the better.

1 by one...
    Alan Evans. The old head of the FAW now there was a god awful man dembs. Feck me Ford is like a footballing Steve Jobs compared to him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Still think Osian Roberts is the best man for the job
    Given my great respect for your footballing opinions over the years, you've amazed me with that one. Osian is a very knowledgeable guy who has been utterly invaluable to the Welsh cause, but manager? Sometimes I think that if someone is excellent at a particular job then it would be a mistake to appoint that person to a higher job because you lose that particular excellence by giving that person a different (maybe less suitable) job. Who would take over from Osian? What would Osian give you when you take away some of what he has been doing? I see a parallel with Paul Trollope - great coach without question but hopeless as a manager because he wasn't doing what he was best at.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Given my great respect for your footballing opinions over the years, you've amazed me with that one. Osian is a very knowledgeable guy who has been utterly invaluable to the Welsh cause, but manager? Sometimes I think that if someone is excellent at a particular job then it would be a mistake to appoint that person to a higher job because you lose that particular excellence by giving that person a different (maybe less suitable) job. Who would take over from Osian? What would Osian give you when you take away some of what he has been doing? I see a parallel with Paul Trollope - great coach without question but hopeless as a manager because he wasn't doing what he was best at.
    It's international football. It's not like you're managing a club. You pick the team, plan the tactics, manage the game and go home. Why can't Osian do it? It's not like he's inexperienced at international level. He's the only candidate I've heard mentioned that's been to a tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's international football. It's not like you're managing a club. You pick the team, plan the tactics, manage the game and go home. Why can't Osian do it? It's not like he's inexperienced at international level. He's the only candidate I've heard mentioned that's been to a tournament.
    Coleman hadn't been to a tournament before but that worked ok.

Osian's undoubted ability is in preparation, tactics, knowing the inside out of the opposition and the Welsh players. If Coleman was anything to go by, his ability was in team bonding, dealing with clubs and players, being hands on and other things.

If Osian is going to be promoted to manager, there's no way he'll be able to continue in his current role. Who does that? Osian has done such a good job, who fills his boots? What's to say Osian will be better at being a manager rather than a great technical adviser? Will he be able to deal with clubs and players? Has he any experience of this? Former players know the score.

Like I said, Trollope is an excellent coach. He was a crap manager, because it demanded a skill set that Trollope wasn't so suited to. That's my fear with Osian Roberts. What was his involvement like with the players? Do we know?

I fear appointing Roberts would be taking him away from a job in which he has excelled to one where he can't continue doing what he has already done and is unproven for what he will be needed to do.

Anyone but Giggs!

Still think Osian Roberts is the best man for the job, wouldn't mind Bellamy though and Bowen could be a shrewd appointment, but is he damaged goods currently because of his Mark Hughes connection?
    oSIAN ROBERTS FFS THE MAN WHO FCKED UP THE ANGLESEY SET UP,THAT USED TO PRODUCE LEAGUE PLAYERS ON A CONVEYOR BELT .HO AND WORKED MIRACLES WITH THE MIGHTY PORTHMADOG SIDE AS I SAY FFS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Osian would provide continuity and it seems clear that he has the squad's respect - I think Coleman proved himself as a motivator during his time in charge and I'm not sure that's where Osian's strengths lie, so you bring in someone else to be the motivator.

If the list of four people that we know of who have been interviewed so far contained proven club or, preferably, international managers who had a history of winning things, then I would feel differently, but, presumably, no one with such a record is being interviewed for the job. So, in essence, it boils down to taking a punt on one of four candidates who are completely unproven in the sort of job they are applying for.

Quote Originally Posted by banogboy14 View Post
    oSIAN ROBERTS FFS THE MAN WHO FCKED UP THE ANGLESEY SET UP,THAT USED TO PRODUCE LEAGUE PLAYERS ON A CONVEYOR BELT .HO AND WORKED MIRACLES WITH THE MIGHTY PORTHMADOG SIDE AS I SAY FFS!!
    I'm fascinated by this "ANGLESEY SET UP,THAT USED TO PRODUCE LEAGUE PLAYERS ON A CONVEYOR BELT"

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/foo...ll-xi-12023276

Osian would provide continuity and it seems clear that he has the squad's respect - I think Coleman proved himself as a motivator during his time in charge and I'm not sure that's where Osian's strengths lie, so you bring in someone else to be the motivator.
    Bellamy with a golf club

I think it's harsh to say to Osian

''you're so good at the job you're doing that you keep doing it and not get the big job. What we will do instead Os is bring someone in from outside with no more experience than you and they can do it. You can still help them though mate'

Nice 1

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I think it's harsh to say to Osian

''you're so good at the job you're doing that you keep doing it and not get the big job. What we will do instead Os is bring someone in from outside with no more experience than you and they can do it. You can still help them though mate'

Nice 1
    Agreed.

We all adapt to promotions and different roles. Surely that can be applied to football too?

Sometimes we can over complicate things.

I think he's a fantastic coach, not sure if he would be any good as a manager, but looking at what come forward so far he would rank pretty high up the list for me..

Why are you so convinced Giggs will be a disaster.It is true that just because you were a great of the game doesn't mean you will be a great manager,but as a candidate Giggs has good pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Why are you so convinced Giggs will be a disaster.It is true that just because you were a great of the game doesn't mean you will be a great manager,but as a candidate Giggs has good pedigree.
    I'm not convinced that Giggs would be a disaster but I'm not convinced that he would be better than Osian either. So it's Osian for me given that he's there, he knows the players, he wants it. I think he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    You'll have to let us know who you're replying to bruv

Former brechin and shamrock manager O'Neil ready to leave N.Ireland for Scotland.

Such high level experience before taking over N. Ireland... are our fans just snobs?

Michael O'Neill: Northern Ireland manager set for talks over Scotland job - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42671440

Announcement tomorrow
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ealed-14152055

It’s Giggs #ITK #UpDATe #Innercircle

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Announcement tomorrow
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ealed-14152055

It’s Giggs #ITK #UpDATe #Innercircle
    I hope not. It's almost like a pity appointment, he's been overlooked by everyone else.

If giggs does have it and we have a good run of results would he jump ship as soon as a premiership club came in? I think he would

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    If giggs does have it and we have a good run of results would he jump ship as soon as a premiership club came in? I think he would
    I completely agree, he would.

We need someone who wants to stay and build a good team around all our young stars.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I completely agree, he would.

We need someone who wants to stay and build a good team around all our young stars.
    Carl Robinson would be my choice

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Carl Robinson would be my choice
    I like the sound of him too. Keep the backroom like Osian Roberts in their roles then. He will want to bring in his own staff I guess but I'd love OR to stay in his role