Thread: Wales interview Ryan giggs.

Wales interview Ryan giggs.

'Giggs interviewed for Wales job'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11204451

Re: Wales interview Ryan giggs.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    'Giggs interviewed for Wales job'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11204451
    We'll most probably appoint Bob Bradley now then.

Not my choice.

Did he turn up for the interview?
    Did alex Ferguson say it was OK for him to go?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Did he turn up for the interview?
    Did alex Ferguson say it was OK for him to go?
    Exactly, but it helped him be a Premier league legend though, Right ? ? ?

Not for me, anyone else but him

The problem that I have with Giggs is not that he seemed to have an ambivalent attitude to playing for Wales, it's that he seems to have no personality.

Ticks the boxes for me,
    Great footballing pedigree.
    Most decorated footballer in British football history.
    Played under the greatest British manager of all time.
    And he is Welsh.

Whatever happened to Dutch Ray? You'd think that if Bellars really wanted it, the Bellars/Dutch Ray ticket would be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Whatever happened to Dutch Ray? You'd think that if Bellars really wanted it, the Bellars/Dutch Ray ticket would be the way to go.
    The FAW have probably realised that Dutch Ray is a twat

Surprised to see they've interviewed Mark Bowen

Craig Bellamy has also been interviewed.

They were discussing it on Talk Sport earlier. Jim White said every Welshman to a man would be delighted if Giggs got the job. This prompted several phone calls to Jim to let him know this wasnt the case.

Gareth, a proud Welshman by his own admission, called and articulated his point very well, the main point he was making was Giggs was not a commited Welshman because of his lack of friendlies, and he would rather commentate on English games than come to the CCS to watch a Welsh game (Thought this was a bit harsh as he is a pundit for ITV who cover English games not Welsh ones).

He then blew it by saying he was a Liverpool fan but didnt want to listeners to think this was why he was against Giggs, and reiterated that it was because Giggs preffered England to Wales on the basis of his ITV appearance. The irony was clearly lost on him and sadly Perry Groves and Jim White did not pick him up on the faux pas.

Unfortunately I was driving at the time so could not tweet them to call Gareth a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They were discussing it on Talk Sport earlier. Jim White said every Welshman to a man would be delighted if Giggs got the job. This prompted several phone calls to Jim to let him know this wasnt the case.

Gareth, a proud Welshman by his own admission, called and articulated his point very well, the main point he was making was Giggs was not a commited Welshman because of his lack of friendlies, and he would rather commentate on English games than come to the CCS to watch a Welsh game (Thought this was a bit harsh as he is a pundit for ITV who cover English games not Welsh ones).

He then blew it by saying he was a Liverpool fan but didnt want to listeners to think this was why he was against Giggs, and reiterated that it was because Giggs preffered England to Wales on the basis of his ITV appearance. The irony was clearly lost on him and sadly Perry Groves and Jim White did not pick him up on the faux pas.

Unfortunately I was driving at the time so could not tweet them to call Gareth a hypocrite.
    You actually listen to Talk Shyte ? Wow !

Still think Osian Roberts is the best man for the job, wouldn't mind Bellamy though and Bowen could be a shrewd appointment, but is he damaged goods currently because of his Mark Hughes connection?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Still think Osian Roberts is the best man for the job, wouldn't mind Bellamy though and Bowen could be a shrewd appointment, but is he damaged goods currently because of his Mark Hughes connection?
    Osian or Robinson are the only choices that make me feel comfortable. Too many question marks on Bellars at this stage for me and feel we would be going in blind if we were to appoint him. Would be fascinated to see how he does with a club job first. Though it's interesting that you back him as you are one of the few people to actually watch a team that he has managed... Bowen has always impressed as a pundit.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    You actually listen to Talk Shyte ? Wow !
    Not usually but I had a 4 hour drive from Hertfordshire so tuned in

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not usually but I had a 4 hour drive from Hertfordshire so tuned in
    I've had iron throughout today as it's a change from the loop of same songs on the radio.

I've had IRON throughout today as it's a change from the loop of same songs on the radio.
    Even Mrs Steve R doesn't iron all day

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Even Mrs Steve R doesn't iron all day
    I bet

Shouldn't reply with bitterly cold hands by the look of it

Craig Bellamy has also been interviewed.
    Who has zero experience as a manager

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Who has zero experience as a manager
    Aye great.

Just the messenger....

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Ticks the boxes for me,
    Great footballing pedigree.
    Most decorated footballer in British football history.
    Played under the greatest British manager of all time.
    And he is Welsh.
    If that was the case Bobby Moore or Bobby Charlton would have made a great England managers. Giggs will make Bobby Gould's time in the hot seat seem like a golden period of Welsh football!

We’re heading back to the wilderness FFS.... TOP 50 team and we’re interviewing these muppets

I have to sadly admit I care more about winning City games , international football just gets in the way and leaves me cold.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have to sadly admit I care more about winning City games , international football just gets in the way and leaves me cold.
    I wouldn't say it leaves me cold, but City have always come first for me. International football is fun when it's fun, but for most of my lifetime it seems like no one in the Wales set up even cared. The last few years notwithstanding, the FAW have been terrible for as long as I can remember.

Mark Bowen was interviewed as well. Unless there are others then none of the candidates have been a No 1 have they? Giggs couple of games for Man. Utd aside.