+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales interview Ryan giggs.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blue in the Face

Re: Wales interview Ryan giggs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Still think Osian Roberts is the best man for the job, wouldn't mind Bellamy though and Bowen could be a shrewd appointment, but is he damaged goods currently because of his Mark Hughes connection?
    Osian or Robinson are the only choices that make me feel comfortable. Too many question marks on Bellars at this stage for me and feel we would be going in blind if we were to appoint him. Would be fascinated to see how he does with a club job first. Though it's interesting that you back him as you are one of the few people to actually watch a team that he has managed... Bowen has always impressed as a pundit.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not usually but I had a 4 hour drive from Hertfordshire so tuned in
    I've had iron throughout today as it's a change from the loop of same songs on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've had IRON throughout today as it's a change from the loop of same songs on the radio.
    Even Mrs Steve R doesn't iron all day

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Even Mrs Steve R doesn't iron all day
    I bet

Shouldn't reply with bitterly cold hands by the look of it

Craig Bellamy has also been interviewed.
    Who has zero experience as a manager

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Who has zero experience as a manager
    Aye great.

Just the messenger....

I have to sadly admit I care more about winning City games , international football just gets in the way and leaves me cold.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have to sadly admit I care more about winning City games , international football just gets in the way and leaves me cold.
    I wouldn't say it leaves me cold, but City have always come first for me. International football is fun when it's fun, but for most of my lifetime it seems like no one in the Wales set up even cared. The last few years notwithstanding, the FAW have been terrible for as long as I can remember.

Mark Bowen was interviewed as well. Unless there are others then none of the candidates have been a No 1 have they? Giggs couple of games for Man. Utd aside.

Faw are God awful.

Sooner they slowly get rid of all the old farts in charge, the better.

1 by one...

Faw are God awful.

Sooner they slowly get rid of all the old farts in charge, the better.

1 by one...
    Alan Evans. The old head of the FAW now there was a god awful man dembs. Feck me Ford is like a footballing Steve Jobs compared to him.

Anyone but Giggs!

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I think it's harsh to say to Osian

''you're so good at the job you're doing that you keep doing it and not get the big job. What we will do instead Os is bring someone in from outside with no more experience than you and they can do it. You can still help them though mate'

Nice 1
    Agreed.

We all adapt to promotions and different roles. Surely that can be applied to football too?

Sometimes we can over complicate things.

I think he's a fantastic coach, not sure if he would be any good as a manager, but looking at what come forward so far he would rank pretty high up the list for me..

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Why are you so convinced Giggs will be a disaster.It is true that just because you were a great of the game doesn't mean you will be a great manager,but as a candidate Giggs has good pedigree.
    I'm not convinced that Giggs would be a disaster but I'm not convinced that he would be better than Osian either. So it's Osian for me given that he's there, he knows the players, he wants it. I think he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by hueypianosmith View Post
    Why are you so convinced Giggs will be a disaster.It is true that just because you were a great of the game doesn't mean you will be a great manager,but as a candidate Giggs has good pedigree.
    You'll have to let us know who you're replying to bruv

Former brechin and shamrock manager O'Neil ready to leave N.Ireland for Scotland.

Such high level experience before taking over N. Ireland... are our fans just snobs?

Michael O'Neill: Northern Ireland manager set for talks over Scotland job - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42671440

Announcement tomorrow
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ealed-14152055

It’s Giggs #ITK #UpDATe #Innercircle

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Announcement tomorrow
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ealed-14152055

It’s Giggs #ITK #UpDATe #Innercircle
    I hope not. It's almost like a pity appointment, he's been overlooked by everyone else.

If giggs does have it and we have a good run of results would he jump ship as soon as a premiership club came in? I think he would

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    If giggs does have it and we have a good run of results would he jump ship as soon as a premiership club came in? I think he would
    I completely agree, he would.

We need someone who wants to stay and build a good team around all our young stars.

I completely agree, he would.

We need someone who wants to stay and build a good team around all our young stars.
    Carl Robinson would be my choice

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Carl Robinson would be my choice
    I like the sound of him too. Keep the backroom like Osian Roberts in their roles then. He will want to bring in his own staff I guess but I'd love OR to stay in his role