+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Central Midfield Problems

Our Central Midfield Problems

Now Jazz is fit anybody else think he could do a temporary job as a holding midfielder. Can't see no reason why not and believe at the beginning of his career this is where he played on occasions. With Mozzer back to partner Bamba I assume Manga will play right back in Peltiers absence unless they revert to 3 at the back. So a holding midfield role may get Jazz back in the starting line up tomorrow and help in in a problem area at the same time.

Re: Our Central Midfield Problems

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Now Jazz is fit anybody else think he could do a temporary job as a holding midfielder. Can't see no reason why not and believe at the beginning of his career this is where he played on occasions. With Mozzer back to partner Bamba I assume Manga will play right back in Peltiers absence unless they revert to 3 at the back. So a holding midfield role may get Jazz back in the starting line up tomorrow and help in in a problem area at the same time.
    Or one of Bennett or Jazz might fill in at right back and Bamba move to DM? I think this more likely to happen to be honest...

Oh for four Gavin Rae's at the mo

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Hold on - we're not that desperate. We've still got the U-16's we could use...

Can't see it being Bennett as he only uses his right to stand on! But yes Jazz at RB would release Bamba to DM, but no role for Manga. I was trying to incorporate a role for all defenders!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You can never have too many Gavin Raes.

I think it’s a good call. Jazz is quick, good feet.

Bamba’s distribution from the back at the Preston game was dire and straight to them. Not midfield quality.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Can't see it being Bennett as he only uses his right to stand on! But yes Jazz at RB would release Bamba to DM, but no role for Manga. I was trying to incorporate a role for all defenders!
    I'd assumed Manga would play alongside Morrison with Bamba covering the back 4 in a DM role. We've seen that a few times this season.

Senile moment, of course Bamba can't play in back 4 if playing DM!