+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 SUNDERLAND AFC. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SUNDERLAND AFC. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Didnt say anything earlier- just let you hang yourself with your own words. You (and others on this thread) obviously know absolutely nothing about football. Paterson man of match, NML not far behind. Excellent selection/tactics by Warnock bearing in mind available personnel.
    I’d give mom to Ralls. I thought he was excellent today. Overall we looked to have got our mojo back a bit. That game today was just what the doctor ordered. Well done City.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Looks like a fish out of water.

Doesn’t know where to run and technically he’s poor.

6 defenders at home to Sunderland ffs. Absolute joke.
    oh dear

Ralls was up there today as MoM but maybe Patterson shaded it with some fantastic direct runs at the Black Cat's defence.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 4 - 0 SUNDERLAND AFC. Match thread

Ralls motm

NML nowhere near motm. Lost the ball every time he had it.

The new fella looks decent. Did well even if it was against the worst wide to visit the CCS this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Can see why Warnock wanted Yanic Wildschut, looks very quick and direct, a bit like NML was early doors of the season.
    Yeh, looked lively and had a few tricks. Promising start.

Thought Patterson played well all first half in all fairness. Soon as I saw the team I was curious to see how it played out, I don't like Bamba in our midfield though, even if he can put himself about.

We weren't bad first half by any stretch, needed a goal and I know once we scored we would score a lot more, I've had a buzz since I woke up this morning about today's game. Glad it all worked out.

Oh, and there was a bloke a few rows behind me in the family stand shouting "get him off, he's lost his pace" "get him off half time ffs" about NML.

What a fan.

Ridiculed Etheridge too "kick it in the air....yaaaaay" when he managed to...this was after watching him successfully kick all previous kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Harsh red that. WTF was Coleman thinking starting NDong though?
    What part of going over the top of the ball and stud first into someones ankle is soft?

Can see by the players reaction on the pitch usually, I've seen us not complain before, but the players went mental today as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thought Patterson played well all first half in all fairness. Soon as I saw the team I was curious to see how it played out, I don't like Bamba in our midfield though, even if he can put himself about.

We weren't bad first half by any stretch, needed a goal and I know once we scored we would score a lot more, I've had a buzz since I woke up this morning about today's game. Glad it all worked out.
    Generally agree but in my eyes I dont think Bamba played in midfield - we had a flat back four of Manga, Bamba, Morrison and Richards at left back with Bennett playing wide left midfield in front of Richards, Patterson and Ralls central midfield and NML right side midfield, Hoilett and Zohore up front i.e. 4-4-2. Worked well overall, especially second half. Tomlin in midfield would gave been over run. Best substitution for us ? - Cattermole coming on at half time for Sunderland - useless !.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Incidentally, what was the attendance today ?

Dont get the fixation with Tomlin by some - he is talented and will get opportunities against certain teams but in midfield battles like today he struggles. Patterson and Ralls chased and harried all game today which was what was needed. It is obvious to me that Tomlin is not fully fit. What is Warnock supposed to do - play him every game just to keep some fans happy ?.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Incidentally, what was the attendance today ?

Dont get the fixation with Tomlin by some - he is talented and will get opportunities against certain teams but in midfield battles like today he struggles. Patterson and Ralls chased and harried all game today which was what was needed. It is obvious to me that Tomlin is not fully fit. What is Warnock supposed to do - play him every game just to keep some fans happy ?.
    No. Leave him where he belongs, which is where he was all afternoon today.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I was surprised not to see Tomlin today. I thought he could have played a little deeper and really bossed that midfield.
    Have to agree, especially when they went down to 10, LT could have shown us exactly what he has in his locker and also provide an outlet for our defence, which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence when we have it there (hopefully we will become a bit more solid again with SM back).

I should say though that the default for Warnock when things aren't going for us is to play battlers and I understand his reasoning for not using Tomlin.... today was a must win game now matter how. His team did just that.

This thread is comedy gold with the telly watchers posting shyte and then
    getting their come upance as City run riot in the second half despite their 6 defenders.

Well done City , back on track again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    This thread is comedy gold with the telly watchers posting shyte and then
    getting their come upance as City run riot in the second half despite their 6 defenders.

Well done City , back on track again.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Have to agree, especially when they went down to 10, LT could have shown us exactly what he has in his locker and also provide an outlet for our defence, which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence when we have it there (hopefully we will become a bit more solid again with SM back).

I should say though that the default for Warnock when things aren't going for us is to play battlers and I understand his reasoning for not using Tomlin.... today was a must win game now matter how. His team did just that.
    We were only 1-0 up when they went down to 10 men and believe it or not we then went on to win 4-0 !!. How on earth can you moan about that. Putting Tomlin on at 1-0 would probably have lead us to dropping a point or losing the match. If you think Ralls, Patterson, NML and Bennett are just 'battlers' and cant play, then really there is no hope for you.

We were only 1-0 up when they went down to 10 men and believe it or not we then went on to win 4-0 !!. How on earth can you moan about that. Putting Tomlin on at 1-0 would probably have lead us to dropping a point or losing the match. If you think Ralls, Patterson, NML and Bennett are just 'battlers' and cant play, then really there is no hope for you.
    Whoa steady on fella

Did you bother to read my original post?
    If you did you would have realised that I am not moaning, just calling for people to get real after posting how right they were about certain individuals "coming good" against a poor outfit.

I also believe that it would have been wrong had Tomlin played from the start or even come on if Sunderland had 11 as we could still have had to battle it out.

Where did I say the players you mention were "just battlers"?