Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
Why not read the article and you may find out for yourself - or just send an email and ask them directly yourself foi@cardiff.gov.uk

Im sure you can understand this though -
"Staff sickness absences have cost Cardiff council £134m in less than a decade with tens of thousands of days lost to illness every year.

Figures obtained under the Freedom of Information Act show the annual cost of staff sick days rose from £15.6m in 2007-8 to a high of £18.2m in 2012-13.

Since then the numbers have been falling and in 2015-16 – the most recent data available – the cost was £10.4m.

The highest number of days of sickness absence in a single year was in 2007-08, when 163,509 days were lost.

Over the nine years from 2007-08 to 2015-16 a total of 1.22m days were lost at a total cost to taxpayers of exactly £134m."

This has nothing to do re Carillion though - just gives you an idea of the mindset of a public sector workforce - that was in place when worked in the Council and looks like it is still there. It's not until such a mindset is got rid of that Govt building will ever come back into being the public sector again - in my opinion - and it seems the previous Labour and Conservative Govts feel the same way.

Carillion it seems was the best halfway house - uk company being given uk building contracts - but even then it was fecked up by greed and mis management. If the Govt had given Carillion workers - people would be demanding british jobs for british workers in british companies, which is what happened - and now people are complaining that the Govt was awarding those contracts in the first place!!!!
No it is gives me an idea of how you will use a statistic to support your argument without even knowing how it was calculated or what it means, which in my opinion makes it pretty tricky to take anything you type seriously.

Also "Well, the 70's" is not a valid argument against introducing public sector involvement in industries where it isn't currently the status quo.

Your bias has become clear and your desperation to be right even clearer, may I advise that you go to a hospital, go to your local social care department, go to the fire station or your local school. What I think you will find there is a load of people getting on with their jobs under difficult circumstances. Or maybe you are right and you will find a load of people outside on strike because that is just what public sector workers do!