+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carillion oh verge of collapse

Re: Carillion oh verge of collapse

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Thatcher's legacy.
    PFI's were not her legacy , Labour were heavily involved in their use, it was a good idea at the time as it mitigated goverment expenditure having the cost and risk of the books , however it is now probaly outdated and need a rethink or deep regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    wow #snowflake - you trigger so easily :-

Use of the word "snowflake" = a sure sign you're losing the argument.

The Taxpayer isnt losing out here - as we the taxpayer arent bailing them out - as far as I am aware. Pension funds as share holders of Carillion - maybe should have been more on the ball and dumped the stock on the 1st profit warnings announcement - maybe they did ?.

I know what you mean though Eric - greater corporate penalties for those that are proven to have acted not in the best interest of the shareholders. We need to be more like what happened to Conrad Black and Allen Stanford (110 years sentence) in the US.

Although having said that - Chappel from the BHS pensions scandal - looks like he'll be doing a stretch. Phil Green should be as well, same goes for large corps not paying tax in the country of purchase and funneling it through Dublin, same goes for service utilities like Thames water who are now off shore and have amassed 1billion worth of debt etc etc

I should caveat that - as the Pension Deficit Fund maybe (but by no means certainly) be called in. I dont know how the pension deficit fund is financed
    What????? There are estimates that the collapse will cost the taxpayer at least one billion pounds.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...ayer-1-bn.html

i'd blame anyone who is a position of government authority ,and leave those poor old people running Carillion alone,and anyone else who is touching /managing state provided money .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    i'd blame anyone who is a position of government authority ,and leave those poor old people running Carillion alone,and anyone else who is touching /managing state provided money .
    Did anybody say this?

It sounds as though you don't want the government to be held to account for anything they do.

May ok may cost the taxpayer. But I wouldn’t mind betting you I’ll be near the mark.

You have a go at me for linking to an unnamed source from Carillion and then you state you are going to talk to your mate, an unnamed source to ask “what’s happening on the ground”.

And yes I am of the opinion that all the contracts should be renationalised.

Particularly when you read articles like this

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-audit-office

To be honest - you quoting a Guardian written article is about as unbiased as me quoting you a daily express article on how Diana died etc. The Guardian is to the Left as the Daily Mail is to the right.

Im not about to give you the name of a mate who works for Carillion on a public forum either (you'll just have to truist me or not - your call). Im due to see him later this week - he works out of Wolverhampton at the moment. I will grant you this though - there may well be a cost re the Carillion Pension fund deficit - I'll ask him what the score is with the pensions.
    OK another article

http://www.cityam.com/279297/carilli...yer-gbp54m-day

“Hundreds of Carillion's public sector contracts are costing the government millions of pounds in temporary funding every day, according to official statistics”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...lion-jwh8vb9bc

“Taxpayers face huge bill for collapse of Carillion”.

You and your friend must be both living in cloud cuckoo land

Linking to articles on a message board and having discussions on points you disagree with is being angry? I’m the calmest person in the world darling.

Lucky him. Shame about the apprentices though isn’t it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b01fbbefb37576

Oh Dear - give it up

A private company went bust - bad things happen - people lose their jobs etc. What we were discussing was the cost to the Govt and whether they would bail out a private company - well guess what - they havent - like they havent done before. What they did do was facilitate an arrangement whereby the public sector projects (and the people working on them) continued and are getting other companies to continue the work, so there is as little disruption to the projects as possible.

This is your cue - to now reply about the bankers and why the Govt bailed them out - they had no choice - as the whole fecking economy stops if all your banks fail.

There are 3 things that feck me off in all of this :-

1. The pension fund was seemingly allowed to have a short fall estimated to be around 700 million - that's the biggest problem of all
    2. KPMG it seems cooked the books - albeit in a legal way at the behest of the CEO.
    3. Bad senior management / incompetence has given everyone a headache - and I doubt they will do jail time for it.

That's me done on this thread (ps - of course I care about anyone losing their jobs - but thats for another thread)
    Don’t be so precious, are you the only one allowed to have an opinion? Calm down dear.