+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sunderland AFC

Sunderland AFC

I can't remember many if any worse championship sides

Last season Rotherham were abysmal and Blackburn were a disorganised mess

Sunderland are a mixture and worse of both of them.

Nothing up front. Nobody who could pass a ball. A couple of blockers at the back that was it. There was no fight in any of them.

Apparently they can only bring loans in and there's no way kids like Woodburn are going to sort that mess out. Klopp would be mad sending the kid there.

Relegation certainties.

Re: Sunderland AFC

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I can't remember many if any worse championship sides

Last season Rotherham were abysmal and Blackburn were a disorganised mess

Sunderland are a mixture and worse of both of them.

Nothing up front. Nobody who could pass a ball. A couple of blockers at the back that was it. There was no fight in any of them.

Apparently they can only bring loans in and there's no way kids like Woodburn are going to sort that mess out. Klopp would be mad sending the kid there.

Relegation certainties.
    Cookie, summed his own team up well (taken from the BBC website)

Sunderland manager Chris Coleman said: "It was painful. I can't accept conceding 45 seconds into the second half. We can't make those sorts of mistakes where we are.

"With the sending off, sometimes I've seen them given, sometimes not. But that wasn't why we lost,

"To give them a goal like that, you can't do that, well you can, but we're going to stay where we are. It's bitterly disappointing.

"Soft mentality, simple as that. No toughness. Toughness is not just physical, it's not just about nailing someone.

"Toughness is mental, staying strong, making consistent decisions. It's no coincidence where we are."

Sunderland are doomed, maybe best for them to be relegated and start again they need to ship out as much as possible

Mighty chrisy coleman has been found out, no bale to..bail him out on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    I'm not fan of Coleman but tbf not even Fergie could get them out of the mess they're in

I thought their kit was horrible today too. How can you ruin a striped shirt??? Whoever designed that needs putting down

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I thought their kit was horrible today too. How can you ruin a striped shirt??? Whoever designed that needs putting down
    Jesus. Me too. What a shocker. Why **** with a classic old-school kit like that?

If you got 10 mins spare take a browse through their match thread.

They are not happy.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/thread...-1-18.1412363/

(94 pages btw - although less messages per page, so equivalent of 47 pages on here). But most involve Father Jack Hackett style one or two word expletives.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Jesus. Me too. What a shocker. Why **** with a classic old-school kit like that?
    too many sides **** up their classic stripes. Sheff Weds are another. You'll see next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Coleman led Wales to magnificent success in France and assigning that success solely to Bale is very churlish.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Coleman led Wales to magnificent success in France and assigning that success solely to Bale is very churlish.
    Indeed.

Ramsey and Allen played big parts too.

I'm sure our excellent defence in that campaign was down to Bale as well, I'm 100% sure Coleman had nothing to do with our organisation, tactics and giving Bale the free role which made him shine...

Coleman is the best manager Wales have ever had, if he wasn't a Jack this board would love him

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm sure our excellent defence in that campaign was down to Bale as well, I'm 100% sure Coleman had nothing to do with our organisation, tactics and giving Bale the free role which made him shine...

Coleman is the best manager Wales have ever had, if he wasn't a Jack this board would love him
    Speed was a better manager than Coleman.

It's 2018. The Euros are over and we've failed to qualify for the World Cup. Coleman wasn't a good manager when he got the Wales job and he's not a good manager now.

Genius idea to give our only world class player a free role by the way. "Give it to Bale", Shankly-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    too many sides **** up their classic stripes. Sheff Weds are another. You'll see next week.
    I saw on Friday. A real shame.

Speed was a better manager than Coleman.

It's 2018. The Euros are over and we've failed to qualify for the World Cup. Coleman wasn't a good manager when he got the Wales job and he's not a good manager now.

Genius idea to give our only world class player a free role by the way. "Give it to Bale", Shankly-esque.
    We reached the semi finals of the European Championships. Until someone achieves better he's Wales' best ever manager, simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We reached the semi finals of the European Championships. Until someone achieves better he's Wales' best ever manager, simple as that
    I agree. Coleman made some very good decisions in France. Having Bale helps, but getting performances from HRK, Vokes and Ledley on a big stage - give the bloke some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I agree. Coleman made some very good decisions in France. Having Bale helps, but getting performances from HRK, Vokes and Ledley on a big stage - give the bloke some credit.
    And made almost none since.

And made almost none since.
    Absolutely.
    2016 was the year of the underdog it seemed.
    Us, Iceland, Northern Ireland.
    Both those sides really cracked on in arguable far more difficult groups than ours.
    We were fecking abysmal throughout the WC qualifiers considering we were top seed.

Coleman jumped into the Sunderland job far too quickly.
    He could have resigned from Wales and held his nerve.
    He would have had a Premiership offer (probably Swansea).
    Now his reputation is quickly going back to where it was 5-6 years ago.
    Only offers will come from abroad.