+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City's Formation v Sunderland ... Get it right WoL!

City's Formation v Sunderland ... Get it right WoL!

"The reason Callum Paterson and Jazz Richards played in central midfield for Cardiff City and why it worked." [Walesonline]

Actually City played 4411 against Sunderland; Richards played left back and Patterson centre left midfield. To accommodate Patterson in that position Ralls, who normally plays clm, switched to centre right midfield. Come on get it right WoL.

Etheridge;
    Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Richards;
    Mendez-Laing, Ralls, Patterson, Bennett;
    Hoilett;
    Zohore.

Re: City's Formation v Sunderland ... Get it right WoL!

You're both not wrong.

It started off with a back four of of Manga, Morrison, Bamba and Bennett. Patterson and Rails in the middle, NML and Holiett wide and Zohore up front. It surprised me that Jazz Rochards was playing a man marking job on their 27 Gooch. So it was a bit stranger. Second half, just after they had man sent off, Richards appeared to go to left back with Bennet further forward. Not sure what WOL said but that's how I saw it. There was also a lot of interchange when Wilschut cam on.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    "The reason Callum Paterson and Jazz Richards played in central midfield for Cardiff City and why it worked." [Walesonline]

Actually City played 4411 against Sunderland; Richards played left back and Patterson centre left midfield. To accommodate Patterson in that position Ralls, who normally plays clm, switched to centre right midfield. Come on get it right WoL.

Etheridge;
    Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Richards;
    Mendez-Laing, Ralls, Patterson, Bennett;
    Hoilett;
    Zohore.
    Richards didn't play left back in the first half, Bennet did. As said above, Richards was man marking Gooch

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Baptiste View Post
    Richards didn't play left back in the first half, Bennet did. As said above, Richards was man marking Gooch
    we all seemed to be marking man to man, Paterson was shadowing Ndong early on. We looked a better side for it too.

I thought we were playing 3.5.2 with Jaz marking Gooch as a defensive midfielder. Bennett was wide left against Billy Jones with Mendez-Laing wide right against Oviedo.

...............................Etheridge
    ...............Manga.......Morrison........ Bamba
    Medenz-laing Petterson Richards Ralls Bennett
    .......................Hoilett.... Zohore

Even flash score app has it differently 4141 with Bamba between defence and midfield...

The mystery rumbles on.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    It started off with a back four of of Manga, Morrison, Bamba and Bennett. Patterson and Rails in the middle, NML and Holiett wide and Zohore up front. It surprised me that Jazz Rochards was playing a man marking job on their 27 Gooch. So it was a bit stranger. Second half, just after they had man sent off, Richards appeared to go to left back with Bennet further forward. Not sure what WOL said but that's how I saw it. There was also a lot of interchange when Wilschut cam on.
    Dont know what you were watching but after about 5 minutes I commented to my friends that Richards was playing left back and Bennett was playing in front of him at left midfield. Paterson was central with Ralls. Manga was right back. It stayed that way for all the first half and most of the second, apart from when Richards was caught forward, when Bennett filled in at left back. Also Richards did follow one of their players into midfield occasionally but mainly at corners or free kicks or when their attacks broke down. He then reverted back to left back straight after.

Sorry, but wrong !.

Bennett did play left midfield and Richards left back.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Dont know what you were watching but after about 5 minutes I commented to my friends that Richards was playing left back and Bennett was playing in front of him at left midfield. Paterson was central with Ralls. Manga was right back. It stayed that way for all the first half and most of the second, apart from when Richards was caught forward, when Bennett filled in at left back. Also Richards did follow one of their players into midfield occasionally but mainly at corners or free kicks or when their attacks broke down. He then reverted back to left back straight after.
    Correct.

StT.
    <><

Apart from a few occasions Richards followed Gooch forward, Bennett was 10 yds in front of Richards throughout the game.
    StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Sorry, but wrong !.
    Am I b****x

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Apart from a few occasions Richards followed Gooch forward, Bennett was 10 yds in front of Richards throughout the game.
    StT.
    <><
    After their sending off yes but first half no chance