+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another poor attendance yesterday.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another poor attendance yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Yourargument is rubbish. How many of the games from 2011/2012 were live on the tv and/or had altered kick off times - I would hazard a guess at less than this season. Also in 2011/12 we had had a number of years pressing for promotion and crowds had built up over a period of 5/6 years, whereas now we are starting from the Slade/Trollope disasters of 18 months ago - much less time to have a major effect. Also we have home games to come this season against main rivals Wolves and Bristol City plus old adversary Birmingham and Middlesborough - all of these games will achieve well over 20000 crowds to boost our average.

Unlike you, most people have now got over what happened with Tan a few years ago and recognised that he is doing his best to put things right. Warnock is also the best manager we have had for many years and crowds will continue to build further as we progress under him. Your argument about the rebrand is also shot down by the fact that crowds didn't fall greatly until 2 years after it occured. The home average in 2014/2015, when we had been relegated from Prem the season before, was still over 21000 and it was the next season, under Slade, that it dropped to 16500. The real reason for our crowds dropping therefore is not Tan, its Slades crap management and the way the team was playing under him. Our averages have since increased every season and currently stand at over 19000 - hardly the disaster that you are portraying. Get off Tans and the clubs back.
    You were doing ok till you described the Slade and Trollope tenures as “disasters”.
    To me “disasters” would be relagation , or going close to being bust.
    In my book, your either a City fan or not. If you are, then you get your arse down the ground for the thick and thin edge of the wedge.
    You or anyone can wrap this up however you want, but we had the chance to go 2nd yesterday, and the crowd was below our average.
    Early kick offs, game on TV, blah blah blah.
    We are a big City club with fickle and many fair weather fans. Simple as that!

Re: Another poor attendance yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You were doing ok till you described the Slade and Trollope tenures as “disasters”.
    To me “disasters” would be relagation , or going close to being bust.
    In my book, your either a City fan or not. If you are, then you get your arse down the ground for the thick and thin edge of the wedge.
    You or anyone can wrap this up however you want, but we had the chance to go 2nd yesterday, and the crowd was below our average.
    Early kick offs, game on TV, blah blah blah.
    We are a big City club with fickle and many fair weather fans. Simple as that!
    So according to you, who you are playing, time of kick off, live on tv, recent performances/results should have no bearing on the attendances at home matches. Sorry but you are not living in the real world if you believe that. Also if you dont think the Slade and Trollope periods were disasters then you are seriously in the minority on that one as well. Losing 5000 off our average gate in under 12 months and flirting with relegation twice class as disasters in my book. We lost between 3000-4000 off the gate yesterday because of the above factors - Sunderland would normally bring 1500-2000 alone, even in their current predicament. With 20000+ in the ground we wouldnt even be having this discussion today.