+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anthony Joshua to fight in Cardiff again in March

Anthony Joshua to fight in Cardiff again in March

Easter weekend.

It's the second massive event in the capital that weekend. Cardiff v Burton on Friday (3pm) is the first. Joshua v Joseph Parker at the MillStad on the Saturday (31st March)

Re: Anthony Joshua to fight in Cardiff again in March

Which is the most prestigious world belt?

The reason boxing (in my opinion) has lost its way is precisely because of the fact that there are hardly ever any undisputed world champions because of the number of belts that exist. It’s a joke.

Joshua is exciting but there’s probably a world title fight once a week, whereas they used to be monumental occasions that it felt the whole world was aware of.

It’ll never get back to the days of Ali, Frazier, Foreman,Spinks et al. at heavyweight, or Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Durán et al in the middleweight divisions

The Heavyweight Division despite Sky and Eddie Hearn bigging it up is utterly abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

The reason boxing (in my opinion) has lost its way is precisely because of the fact that there are hardly ever any undisputed world champions because of the number of belts that exist. It’s a joke.

Joshua is exciting but there’s probably a world title fight once a week, whereas they used to be monumental occasions that it felt the whole world was aware of.

It’ll never get back to the days of Ali, Frazier, Foreman,Spinks et al. at heavyweight, or Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Durán et al in the middleweight divisions
    Don't think we'll ever get to see anything like the fab 4 again boxing is shit these days you can probably count on one hand how many class boxers there are at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The Heavyweight Division despite Sky and Eddie Hearn bigging it up is utterly abysmal.
    AJ is clearly the star.

Wilder eh... hardly a big draw, small arenas and seems to be padding record.

Parker's a bum.

I'd say the HW division is in a better state than when in a coma during the Klitschko(s) era but still needs improving.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Yup, well said!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    AJ is clearly the star.

Wilder eh... hardly a big draw, small arenas and seems to be padding record.

Parker's a bum.

I'd say the HW division is in a better state than when in a coma during the Klitschko(s) era but still needs improving.
    You don’t get to where Parker is by being a bum.

It would be good if Joe Cordina or one of the Selbys is on the undercard.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You don’t get to where Parker is by being a bum.
    Hmm, yeah. Seen about 5 of his fights. Adept at punching when opponent down on one knee. Highlight victory was beating 42 yr old Botha.

He's a bum - why do you think every HW ( along with Bellew ) want him?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Hmm, yeah. Seen about 5 of his fights. Adept at punching when opponent down on one knee. Highlight victory was beating 42 yr old Botha.

He's a bum - why do you think every HW ( along with Bellew ) want him?
    Parker would flatten Bellew