+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Noel Gallagher

Noel Gallagher

Who built the moon...............What an album.

Cardiff sold out, seems I missed the boat, so popping over to Luxembourg to see him, supported by another fave of mine 'Blossoms'

Anyone seen him live (solo) before ?

Re: Noel Gallagher

Big Oasis fan but not a fan of Noel anymore. Hes turned into everything he was against when he first broke into the scene with Oasis.

Never thought I’d say this as I’m a big as Oasis fan there is but Noel comes across as a cock lately. That comment about Richard Ashcroft not writing his own songs was a bit out of order.

Ended after ‘What’s the story....’ for me. Oasis, Liam or Noel, haven’t turned out anything memorable (to me anyway) since theif first 2 brilliant albums

Bit like U2 as well. Amazing up until Rattle & Hum which was the start of their decline.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Ended after ‘What’s the story....’ for me. Oasis, Liam or Noel, haven’t turned out anything memorable (to me anyway) since theif first 2 brilliant albums

Bit like U2 as well. Amazing up until Rattle & Hum which was the start of their decline.
    Me too, Be Here Now was just terrible. I was very disappointed at the time. They had a few good songs after but lost amongst a lot of crap.

I see that the interview CardiffIrish mentions is the Sodajerker podcast. I've heard lots of their podcasts, interviews with songwriters about how they wrote certain songs. I hadn't checked for a while so missed the Noel one. Will certainly give it a listen, he's a good interviewee imo.

Had a listen to Liam's album this week. Not bad at all. Nothing new, but there's just something about LG that is rock and roll.

Noel's stuff just sounds like boring dad-rock.

That's prob why I like it, nothing wrong with a bit of 'Dad Rock'

One of my fave bands are stateside and refuse to tour outside of the US, are you familiar with Five For Fighting ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    That's prob why I like it, nothing wrong with a bit of 'Dad Rock'

One of my fave bands are stateside and refuse to tour outside of the US, are you familiar with Five For Fighting ?
    I've seen him on TV (just one bloke isn't it?) But not really familiar.