+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 19 games. Win 11 Lose 8. Automatic?

19 games. Win 11 Lose 8. Automatic?

It's all about desire...teamwork...wanting it....
    The guys look the best bunch we have had for many many years.
    The excitment that follows our goals is extraordinary.

Re: 19 games. Win 11 Lose 8. Automatic?

You make it sound so easy.
    Not too long ago we were all predicting how many points we'd get in the Xmas period.Don't think anyone was anywhere near the mark.
    Let's just try to win the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    You make it sound so easy.
    Not too long ago we were all predicting how many points we'd get in the Xmas period.Don't think anyone was anywhere near the mark.
    Let's just try to win the next game.
    No no no
    it is not easy. In fact its extraordinarily difficult.
    But if we can win 11 games i think that will be good enough for automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    No no no
    it is not easy. In fact its extraordinarily difficult.
    But if we can win 11 games i think that will be good enough for automatic.
    Might be might not be but wont be if Derby also win 11.

I think we'll need to average 2 points per game from here i.e. 88 points needed. So closer to win 13 I think

I'd say 85 points. 10 wins, 5 draws.
    Or 11 wins 2 draws

It's a big ask.

I also reckon 80 will be needed for the play offs.

It's going to be tight with 11/12 sides still in with a shout.

I don't think either Villa or Derby will storm their next 19, but reckon the likes of Fulham , Brentford and Boro will all get a good haul of points over the remaining games.

We 've got 50 points from 27 games so far which is excellent, and we are third. We've got 19 games left I expect us to only get 26 point s from those, which would put us on 76 at the end of the season, which I reckon would mean a play off place at best. The teams outside the play off in 7th has 42 so they are 7 points behind, so I am hoping we can get there, I don't think automatic is probable.

It's a tough League, with anyone down to 12th looking for a play off spot. We have tough home games with Wolves and Bristol City, and I expect us to get 4 points from those two. Aways games at Sheff W< Leeds, Millwall, Ipswich , Brentford, Derby, Sheff U,Villa , Norwich and Hull. I would think we'd lose a lot of those and draw the rest, can't see us winning unless it's at Millwall, Brentford, Barnsley or Hull. Homes are against Bolton, M'boro, Bristol City, Birmingham , Burton, Wolves, Barnsley, Forest and Reading. So 10 away and 9 at home while some of our rivals have 10 at home and 9 away so have an advantage. I can see us winning most of our home games.

I just hope we sign a few extra players and recapture the form from early season, which we showed yesterday.

The big bonus is that there are so many teams in the mix they'll all take points off each other. I'm just hoping we get an extra few of games in the Play Offs to give us something extra at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    We 've got 50 points from 27 games so far which is excellent, and we are third. We've got 19 games left I expect us to only get 26 point s from those, which would put us on 76 at the end of the season, which I reckon would mean a play off place at best. The teams outside the play off in 7th has 42 so they are 7 points behind, so I am hoping we can get there, I don't think automatic is probable.

It's a tough League, with anyone down to 12th looking for a play off spot. We have tough home games with Wolves and Bristol City, and I expect us to get 4 points from those two. Aways games at Sheff W< Leeds, Millwall, Ipswich , Brentford, Derby, Sheff U,Villa , Norwich and Hull. I would think we'd lose a lot of those and draw the rest, can't see us winning unless it's at Millwall, Brentford, Barnsley or Hull. Homes are against Bolton, M'boro, Bristol City, Birmingham , Burton, Wolves, Barnsley, Forest and Reading. So 10 away and 9 at home while some of our rivals have 10 at home and 9 away so have an advantage. I can see us winning most of our home games.

I just hope we sign a few extra players and recapture the form from early season, which we showed yesterday.

The big bonus is that there are so many teams in the mix they'll all take points off each other. I'm just hoping we get an extra few of games in the Play Offs to give us something extra at the end of the season.
    You make it sound like you would rather finish third than second, so we can have some extra matches to look forward to !!. You also say that you think that we will get 26 points from the remaining games but then that we have nine home games 'which we can win most of'. If we win our home games we will get 27 points, so would then only need to win 3 away games to get 36 points which would get us close to automatic promotion. We are certainly capable if getting 23 points at home and at least 12 away (being pessimistic) so that would be 85 points, again likely automatic. No need to be so pessimistic.

Id say 88 minimum for autos.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You make it sound like you would rather finish third than second, so we can have some extra matches to look forward to !!. You also say that you think that we will get 26 points from the remaining games but then that we have nine home games 'which we can win most of'. If we win our home games we will get 27 points, so would then only need to win 3 away games to get 36 points which would get us close to automatic promotion. We are certainly capable if getting 23 points at home and at least 12 away (being pessimistic) so that would be 85 points, again likely automatic. No need to be so pessimistic.
    I think we'll win "most" of our home games, we'd have to win all of them to get 27 points. 7 wins and 2 draws would give us 23 points. away games I reckon we'll lose most and pick up a few draws, which is where 26 points came from. we are quite a bit ahead of our rivals so they'd need to outperform us to overtake us, so we should still end up in the Play Offs. I just can't see us getting automatic promotion now, Derby are ahead and others could overtake us.

We could win the odd away game and push the points total higher but equally we may have a few surprised at home.

It's just my opinion of the remaining fixtures, but if I got them all right I'd be making a fortune gambling every week! Sadly that's not the case. As I said in another thread I want us to win every game and hopefully , with some new faces, we'll do better than I expect.

It's just my opinion, have a look at the fixture list. our form has been awful recently, apart from yesterday, so maybe we can turn it around, but other teams could have a better second half of the season.

Looking at what we expected at the start of the season a Play Off finish would be a bonus, There again we could win next Saturday in Sheffield and it will all change. I've got us down for a draw.

I'd rather be pessimistic and be happy at the end of the eason than be over optimistic and end up disappointed.