+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Camera Buffs can you help please......

Camera Buffs can you help please......

I,ve just bought a new camera and the battery is an LP-E8 ,7.2V, 1120mAh, and 8.1Wh.
    I wast to buy a spare but all the like for like battery,s are 7.4V, 1020mAh.Anybody Know if the difference matters?

Re: Camera Buffs can you help please......

The difference is immaterial in this case. Are you buying locally or ebay? I found the Chinese ones quite acceptable.

Thanks for the quick reply blackface was Looking at a Duracell off amazon at the mo.

Blackadder sorry

The 7.2 V is important and it's likely to be a very specific shape and charging type. I'd only buy the genuine article as a spare

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    The 7.2 V is important and it's likely to be a very specific shape and charging type. I'd only buy the genuine article as a spare
    It's the "LP-E8" that determines the size and shape. The 0.2 volt difference is within tolerance limits.

My problem at the no penarth is i can't find a7.2v on the net be it ebay or Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    My problem at the no penarth is i can't find a7.2v on the net be it ebay or Amazon.
    Don't worry about it. The difference is immaterial. I've used these batteries and their close variants for years. The important part is "LP-E8"

Cheers again blackadder, will go with your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply blackface was Looking at a Duracell off amazon at the mo.
    Reported!