+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin

Tomlin

Says a lot when cruising at 3-0 a winger destined for a January is chosen in front of our marquee signing

Writing on the wall

Re: Tomlin

Agreed. Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone on loan if we can get bodies in this window

Perhaps he’ll swop him for a midfielder that he’ll play and give another manager a chance to get Tomlin fit?

I went to watched the game on Boxing Day , Tomlin didn’t even warm up before, during , or after the game. Didn’t get off the bench. Very strange as all the other subs were warming up.

I’ve got a feeling he’s fallen out with Warnock. I don’t hear too much about how good team spirit is these days either. Maybe just maybe there’s a connection. Just a thought. No inside info. Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I went to watched the game on Boxing Day , Tomlin didn’t even warm up before, during , or after the game. Didn’t get off the bench. Very strange as all the other subs were warming up.

I’ve got a feeling he’s fallen out with Warnock. I don’t hear too much about how good team spirit is these days either. Maybe just maybe there’s a connection. Just a thought. No inside info. Just a hunch.
    You think you know it all, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Bit uncalled for - he himself said it was nothing more than a hunch.

Given Tomlin's history, it's hard to come to a different conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Blimey I thought I made it clear it was only conjecture. There’s countless other explanations , however having seen the body language between Warnock and Tomlin on that day , his reluctance to play him, and based on Tomlins previous history, I feel that there might be something in it.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Says a lot when cruising at 3-0 a winger destined for a January is chosen in front of our marquee signing

Writing on the wall
    He's fat enough to wear a marquee as a shirt. Very disappointing.

Quickly looking through the championship transfers last summer for around the same fee we paid for Tomlin.

David Edwards went to reading for £1.1 million. Would have been happy with him. Warnock type player too.

I like the way Tomlin plays. I just wish we could get him fit.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Writing on the wall
    One criticism of Tomlin is he doesn't cover the ground to play the role Warnock wants him.

I'm not a huge fan of Tomlin but Sunderland didn't have any midfielders trying to get ahead of our defence nor any defenders carrying the ball forward. They were dreadfully slow and just tried to block us (badly).

That was one game playing Tomlin would have been no worry

The fact Warnock had no intention of playing him I think means the end of his time here. There isn't anybody coming here with less energy than Sunderland

Warnock is saving Tomlin for Mansfield.

Tougher game!

Blimey I thought I made it clear it was only conjecture. There’s countless other explanations , however having seen the body language between Warnock and Tomlin on that day , his reluctance to play him, and based on Tomlins previous history, I feel that there might be something in it.
    Your spot on lots of us think the same , doesn't he travel from Leicester every day or us that a rumour, sounds like a an attitude problem, he's very unfit looking, and that can't be allowed to effect the dressing room , swap him with that Peterborough striker ?

Not a bad shout that. Close to his hometown Leicester , he might fancy it. I’d take anyone over him at the moment. I’m disappointed , because as I said , he’s the type of player I like to watch.

When has tomlin not been carrying weight? He didn't get fat overnight when we signed him

A wrong hunch. Captain Morrison spent three pages in the programme stating how good the team spirit is. Wildshut said the same thing in his first interview in the week. Warnock stated a number of times in pre and post match interviews how good the team spirit is and how hard everybody works for each other. Stop looking for problems where there aren't any. Tomlin isnt playing because he is not fit or good enough. Not every signing works out and Tomlin only cost £1.6m - hardly a 'marquee' signing if you ask me.

I'd expect Tomlin to start at Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A wrong hunch. Captain Morrison spent three pages in the programme stating how good the team spirit is. Wildshut said the same thing in his first interview in the week. Warnock stated a number of times in pre and post match interviews how good the team spirit is and how hard everybody works for each other. Stop looking for problems where there aren't any. Tomlin isnt playing because he is not fit or good enough. Not every signing works out and Tomlin only cost £1.6m - hardly a 'marquee' signing if you ask me.
    I like your unquestioning support of the team on this board - it brings balance and harmony when set against Badly Ironed Shirt's unquestioning opposition to everything we try. I do wonder what you get out of posting though if you're not prepared to entertain the notion that CCFC could do something wrong...

What is your problem? People are allowed their opinion and can criticise the club from time to time

In the Mansfield match he appeared to be having a heated conversation with Mr Warnock through most of the match

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your spot on lots of us think the same , doesn't he travel from Leicester every day or us that a rumour, sounds like a an attitude problem, he's very unfit looking, and that can't be allowed to effect the dressing room , swap him with that Peterborough striker ?
    There is no way NW will want to do a favour for the Peterborough chairman. He slated him a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There is no way NW will want to do a favour for the Peterborough chairman. He slated him a few weeks ago.
    Business is business.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What is your problem? People are allowed their opinion and can criticise the club from time to time
    Precisely - people are allowed their opinion and I am also allowed my own opinion and can criticise people who criticise the club/team continually for no good reason, whenever I like. Whenever I criticise people on here, I give my reasons why as well, unlike a number of people who dont back up what they are saying at all and get abusive because someone is daring to challenge what they say.

Precisely - people are allowed their opinion and I am also allowed my own opinion and can criticise people who criticise the club/team continually for no good reason, whenever I like. Whenever I criticise people on here, I give my reasons why as well, unlike a number of people who dont back up what they are saying at all.
    Just stop being a dick about it you could've just said actually Morrison etc..... have all said about the team spirit instead of having a go at the poster

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Bit uncalled for - he himself said it was nothing more than a hunch.

Given Tomlin's history, it's hard to come to a different conclusion.
    Honestly guys, it was a joke you were clearly saying it's a hunch etc