+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bothroyd or Zohore?

Bothroyd or Zohore?

Who would you prefer leading your line?
    Had a discussion in the pub last night about it.
    Two very talented and similar forwards, power/pace and a half decent eye for goal.
    Both unplayable on their day.
    Bothroyd for me but my mate prefers Ken.
    What about you bunch of reprobates?

Re: Bothroyd or Zohore?

Bothroyd.

Zohore had a purple patch surrounded by two very quiet periods.

Bothroyd needed a kick up the arse but was more consistent.... something I never thought I'd type.

If ken keeps progressing then Ken. If he doesn't then Bothroyd is better I think. Sorry that's not really an answer. Bothroydas it stands n

Bothroyd is more naturally talented I think, but I'd prefer Ken.

Lost count of how many times he ran back following the ball in to midfield yesterday, in turn it slowed them down and made them pass sideways..made more runs yesterday than bothroyd did in his whole time here for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Bothroyd.

Zohore had a purple patch surrounded by two very quiet periods.

Bothroyd needed a kick up the arse but was more consistent.... something I never thought I'd type.
    Bothroyd was far too lazy and if he didn't feel like playing no amount of dynamite up his arse could make him. Blackpool promotion play off was a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    Bothroyd was far too lazy and if he didn't feel like playing no amount of dynamite up his arse could make him. Blackpool promotion play off was a prime example.
    Playing through a pain barrier though wasn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Playing through a pain barrier though wasn’t he?
    Then he should have made himself unavailable instead of denying us a substitution.

Then he should have made himself unavailable instead of denying us a substitution.
    Maybe he felt it was worth the risk, given the importance of the game and him to the team.

The bigger problem was that, knowing that Bothroyd was a doubt, we had absolutely no plan B in place should he need to come off.

Or maybe the manager asked him to play as long as he could... unless you felt Etuhu should have started?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Maybe he felt it was worth the risk, given the importance of the game and him to the team.

The bigger problem was that, knowing that Bothroyd was a doubt, we had absolutely no plan B in place should he need to come off.
    You're right. No plan B knowing full well he wouldn't last.

Bothroyd all day long might even be the best player I've seen in a city shirt

I think Ken has a better footballing brain than some give him credit for.

Bothroyd is up there as one of my all time favourites but ken has the potential to be special. However, he’s got a long Long way to realise that potential.

Or maybe the manager asked him to play as long as he could... unless you felt Etuhu should have started?
    Etuhu was more of a winger/wide midfielder if memory serves, yet was asked to play as a target man. That's a bit like asking Sergio Aguero to play in goal.

Bothroyd for me at the moment. Nothing against Zohore, but I fancy he hasn't quite been the same player since the bid from Everton was turned down.

Etuhu was more of a winger/wide midfielder if memory serves, yet was asked to play as a target man. That's a bit like asking Sergio Aguero to play in goal.
    We had no other options at the time.

it was a gamble - did they think they could get an hour out of Bothroyd? Probably.

No it isnt

We had no other options at the time.
    Of course we did. It meant finding alternative tactics to accommodate a front two of McCormack and Chopra, rather than rely on someone unproven who wasn't suitable for a long ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No it isnt
    I hyperbolise. He was still unsuitable as a target man.

Ross McCormack could have started.

Play off defeat Jones lack of plan b.

Yep Bothroyd ,extraordinary natural talent , one of the best I've seen in s city shirt

I will never forgive Capello for selecting him for England , madness, his head went after that .

He could have... meaning an entirely different tactical approach was needed given McCormack and Chopra far too similar to fit into a side well.

Most players are going to want to play despite not being fit. Medical staff blame as well as Bothroyd and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Bothroyd is more naturally talented I think, but I'd prefer Ken.

Lost count of how many times he ran back following the ball in to midfield yesterday, in turn it slowed them down and made them pass sideways..made more runs yesterday than bothroyd did in his whole time here for us.
    Did he??? And he couldn’t be arsed to make any runs or jump for balls played up to him

Bothroyd any day

Who cares. It was 8 years ago.

He could have... meaning an entirely different tactical approach was needed given McCormack and Chopra far too similar to fit into a side well.
    But surely an option, for me a better one than using an unproven winger as a target man.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who cares. It was 8 years ago.
    Obviously not you!